My muscles are pulled - Do I still workout?

Options
I did a few lunges and squats yesterday for the first time in a long time. I ended up pulling my thigh muscles in both of my legs.
I am wondering if it is OK to continue to work out tonight (maybe not as intense I usually would, but just a gentle walk) ? Should I just not work out tonight and give time to heal?

Replies

• MonicaFlachman
    Options
    pulled or sore???? If its truely pulled you need to rest it. Its important not to work the same body part every day anyway. You should wait 48 hours between working out a muscle.
  • shellyk972
    shellyk972 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'd rest at least my legs.. don't do cardio either.. just upper body
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    give your legs about a week and just do upper body stuff....

you don't want to risk serious injury and be out of commission for two months or something drastic...
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    pulled or sore???? If its truely pulled you need to rest it. Its important not to work the same body part every day anyway. You should wait 48 hours between working out a muscle.

I am trying to minimize this as much as possible so I could possibly rationalize still working out tonight. They are pulled though. I had no idea about waiting 48 hours before working out the same muscle again. I have been doing Leslie Sansone's walking dvds and I made it a goal to do them every day. I guess that will need to change.

Needless to say, After my OP...i had a nasty reaction to all the crappy food I was eating today and got sick. I will be resting today for sure now.