Hello World!

Options
In 11 months I start a teaching job. If I wasn't motivated to lose weight before, the thought of standing in front of judgemental college kids has really encouraged me to lose weight "for real" this time. I've tried before but get discouraged easily at the lack of progress. Personally I'd rather play video games or read a book rather than go to the gym, but I've been doing real well on that front since last November. I figured this calorie counting couldn't hurt and maybe could spur some progress. Any tips for keeping on track, especially when dining out and on a student budget, would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

Replies

• Houndoggys
    Houndoggys Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Be honest with yourself and enter everything. Use the app as a tool and you will succeed. You have everything you need. Utilize the app and enjoy success!
  • Lshaw729
    Lshaw729 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good for you and keep it up!! My best advice for going out is don't!! The foods are not prepared with a conscious eater in mind with that said if you have to go out don't do anything fried if you can help it the fat content will be high and so will the caloric count. I love BW-3's but using the app 12 boneless wings are over a 1000 calories and the fat count is high!!! If you order salads that are prepared with the dressing already in it ask for it on the side and any Vinaigrette are the best! Use the mobile app if you have a smartphone and log your food in before you eat it. Trust me it help

Good Luck!
  • misskristy30
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me!

And btw, I do eat out sometimes. I think it's a part of life sometimes. Many restaurants have nutritional info online so you can plan ahead.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hi. I think you'll find that logging your food will be a help. It is the ONE tool that keeps me on track because I do it honestly and don't want to write down unhealthy things....so I don't eat them. The food tracker makes it easy too, especially after you've put in several days because the things you eat repeatedly don't have to be "looked up" over and over.

As misskristy said, many restaurants have menus and nutrition info online so you can decide before going out what you will order. That way you are not tempted so much by the huge selection in front of you. Some ideas: avoid fried food. have dressings on the side and dip your fork for each bite of salad. ask for a take home container first thing and remove 1/3 to 1/2 of the food from your plate. Eat slowly and consciously and enjoy yourself. Drink water instead of soda or juice or alcohol.