who do you see in the mirror?

Options
you stare at the mirror and have to look twice because the person you are looking at isnt the one you see in your mind.

Replies

• anniemae225
    anniemae225 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For me, it's not who I see in the mirror. It's who I see in pictures. The girl I see in the mirror doesn't look awful. The girl that shows up in pictures is a horrible troll who should be banished from the population to save people's eyesight. I seriously don't get it.
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic. It's about "body image" I think most people do not see themselves the way others do. I avoid full length mirrors for the most part and when I catch a glimpse of myself when I'm not prepared, I don't even recognize myself. On the inside I am still 25 or so. I've done mirror work in the past to combat this disconnection between body and mind. This is a good reminder that I need a refresher. Ani
  • allyjoy83
    allyjoy83 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    For me, it's not who I see in the mirror. It's who I see in pictures.

I feel you on the pictures. I still think I'm skinny in my mind, and regardless of what the scale says ... BUT ... when I see pics of myself, I have to do a double-take, and ask myself, "who is that big b***?!" I've just stopped agreeing to take pictures until I'm back down a bit.

Don't get down on yourself, though. Part of the success we have is about accepting who we are when we're in that particular moment. The other part is recognizing who we know we can be, and working towards that goal. There is nothing wrong with who we are today. We just know that we can be better.
  • GLR87
    GLR87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    One day I think I look great and others I feel horrible. I wonder sometimes if I will be satisfied when I reach my ultimate wl goal but I want to find out.
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Some days, I think I'm going well....Others, NO WAY!
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    For me, it's not who I see in the mirror. It's who I see in pictures. The girl I see in the mirror doesn't look awful. The girl that shows up in pictures is a horrible troll who should be banished from the population to save people's eyesight. I seriously don't get it.

Seeing myself in a picture taken by a random co-worker is part of the reason why I ended up here. In hindsight, I'm glad for that picture, but dang. :/