"Military" neck , bone spurs

Options
I have been diagnosed with "Military Neck". It is where instead of a "c" curve in your neck, it is straight. Or almost straight. I only have 15-20% curve in my neck as opposed to 100%. As a hairdresser for 23 years, I assumed I would have issues at some point, but I think it was from a backflip/fall (unintentional...deck broke) 2 years ago this November. Aside from that I also have arthritis and bone spurs in my neck. Has anyone in the MFP community ever dealt with this? I dont know anyone else who has it or knows anyone with it, so I dont know how much response I will get. :( I go to a chiropractor and conventional doctor. Aside from chiropractic, I know of nothing else that can be done to fix it. and chiropractic isnt even guaranteed, just a logical treatment. (At least to me) If anyone out there has any of the 3 things I have wrong with my neck, What have you done to help it?? I dont know much about bone spurs or arthritis, either. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you! Almost Friday!! :)

Replies

• cornerofgreystreet
    Options
    Bumping for you!
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    "bump"

I'd never heard of this before you told me about it.
    I think you do very well maintaing your goal weight and healthy lifestyle with such a problem.
    :flowerforyou:
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Thank you girls....:)...I dont know ANYONE that has it/dealt with it or they know anyone who has it...so I didnt expect much here. Thought it was worth a shot, though. You guys make me laugh and smile daily. :heart:
  • SariC3
    SariC3 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had pain in my neck a loss of motion for several months. I had an x-ray last week and the dr said I have bone spurs. How is the chiropractor working out for you. I was told to try a pt, but I have not made a move in either direction.