Depression.

Options
I was diagnosed with depression in 2008. It makes me exhausted on a daily basis, no matter how healthy I eat, I can't seem to find any energy. How can I find more energy to exercise?:cry:

Replies

• tobebetter
    Options
    start with only walks and add more minutes each day. Did your doctor give you any med to help? good luck!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Take B Stress Complex vitamin, 1 to 2mg of folate, up the vitamin C to like 14 times the RDA...this was prescribed by my daughters psychiatrist to improve mood and energy

Could you have SADS (seasonal depression) as well as regular? Wellbutrin is a script for that.
  • Wendibee
    Options
    The more that I allow myself to give in to it, the more depression takes over my live. I have children and have to get up early to get them off to school. I don't sleep well and i ALWAYS want to go back to bed. If I do, I'm ruined for the day. But if I get up and get ready, I am fine for the day. The same with any sort of exercise. Once I make myself start, I feel a lot more energized. But if I allow myself to lay down on the couch, I have no energy and I don't want to get up. FIGHT IT! Ask someone to help keep you accountable. If you make plans to exercise with someone you are less likely to blow it off. Make sure this person is strong headed and willing to drag you out the door if necessary. If that doesn't work, then you should talk to your doctor about maybe adjusting your medicine. Hope this helps! Good Luck!
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    I was on anti depressants for a year,they didn't help(even at maximum dosage). I stopped taking them.

I take many vitamins, never tried extra vitamin C though! I don't have anyone to exercise with, haven't got any friends.I'm pretty much alone all the time.

Thanks everyone :flowerforyou:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    If you have insurance, you should seek psychotherapy and a good psychiatrist...your life doesn't have to be that way...if you don't have insurance, call the county you live in for a case manager and social services...it's a start
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I was on anti depressants for a year,they didn't help(even at maximum dosage). I stopped taking them.

I take many vitamins, never tried extra vitamin C though! I don't have anyone to exercise with, haven't got any friends.I'm pretty much alone all the time.

Thanks everyone :flowerforyou:

I joined Curves, a fitness club for women, about a year ago and I really like it. If you go 3 day's a week on the same day's and at the same time you will start to make friends with the other club ladies who go then also.
    I love talking with the other gals as we workout. It makes the circuit fun and gets you out with people.
    :flowerforyou: I think exercise does help the mood. As well as healthy sleep.