Losing 132 pounds and counting using the Fitness Pal Site

Options
My Journey began on January 20th of 2009, I had been to the doctor that day, I weighed in at 332 pounds and it was literally killing me. At 24 I was the youngest person my doctor had ever prescribed blood pressure medication and at 25 I began yearly type 2 diabetes screenings because I was morbidly obese. I begged my doctor to refer me to a surgeron to perform barictric surgery but he refused. He just asked me to try things his way since all of my fad diet attempts failed. I was hopeless and finally gave in to the common sense way to lose weight: CHANGE YOUR LIFESTYLE!! I bought a gym membership, started using fit pal to track my food intake and my weight loss progress and before I knew it I was on a steady weight loss path. The road was not always easy and some bumps have come along the way but I am living proof that you can do this the old fashioned way and be successful.

The words I live by are: One day at a time, one meal at a time.

If you choose not to let the body of today define who you are you will see the change!

Stay motivated everyone and keep up the good work.

Replies

• lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! You're living proof that you can make a dramatic change all on your own.
  • EgglessKeto
    Options
    Incredible!
  • sugarshoes
    Options
    WOW great job!! I'm just starting on a 100+ journey and its great to see your story.. thanks for sharing..
  • mhouston2011
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this...you were beautiful before and before now as well. Thank you for sharing your story and helping to inspire others!!
  • MandiK3
    MandiK3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    what an inspiration!!:happy:
  • AshleyS15
    AshleyS15 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    WOW! you really inspired me. I have to loose 110lbs to be healthy.
  • opikelis
    Options
    Awesome job
  • PAnn1
    PAnn1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this...you were beautiful before and before now as well. Thank you for sharing your story and helping to inspire others!!

^^^^^^^^^^^
    THIS :-)
  • Special2013
    Special2013 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post as i have had a really tough week my weight has gone up and my movation down. Turning to the community has helped and your post really helped.
  • conure2
    conure2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Incredible Achievement! Thank you for the inspiration!
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story and inspiring people to continue on over the bumps.:smile:
  • Sydny38
    Options
    This is a great site! Congratulations!
  • sarabig2fit
    sarabig2fit Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    wow, you're incredible. thank you so much for being an inspiration!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Such an inspration for us all. God's blessing to you.
  • Chrisplayer136
    Chrisplayer136 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great !
  • larsen626
    larsen626 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    how amazing for you!! I have battled with weight my whole life I tipped the scales at 400 pounds when I recently stared my journey I am going to have the bypass but must loos 50 lbs first and I have never been able to take off weight. I have lost a few pounds and working hard to continue on my journey thanks for the inspiration!!!
  • michellevine1
    michellevine1 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You should be VERY proud of yourself. VERY well done. You look simply amazing. Your smile goes from one ear to the other.
  • LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! And aren't you proud that you've done this the healthy way? I know I am! We're good, lady! )
  • marrizia
    marrizia Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks both for the encouragement and for sharing your inspiring story! Absolutely amazing!!
  • LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    how amazing for you!! I have battled with weight my whole life I tipped the scales at 400 pounds when I recently stared my journey I am going to have the bypass but must loos 50 lbs first and I have never been able to take off weight. I have lost a few pounds and working hard to continue on my journey thanks for the inspiration!!!

You can do it. I'm proof, too. I started at 330 pounds. Please keep an open mind and as you learn how to eat healthy, you might just want to continue to do it this way, without surgery. *fingers crossed*
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!