Need Help Staying Motivated

Options
I am 24 and my goal is to lose about 85 lbs. I just started using MFP yesterday, and I am hoping to find support in the online community in addition to using the food and exercise tracking tools. I am tired of making excuses for why "now isn't a good time to start a new lifestyle". There will always be something in life that can be used as an excuse, and I am finally ready to commit to a total lifestyle change. I would like to find some people to add as friends to help me stay motivated. If you're in the same boat, feel free to add me. I plan to stay pretty active on here when I have time.

Replies

• GlowstickGirl
    GlowstickGirl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 21 and have about 50 lbs to lose. I used to never be overweight, but I wasn't healthy. I didn't eat well and never worked out, but somehow never gained weight. Fast forward year, and after having a baby, I think my unhealthy habits have caught up with me. I'm totally ready become a healthier, improved version of me, but I'm afraid I'll have motivation problems. I've always been the type to go all in and be really enthusiastic about something at first, but then get bored after a while and quit. It would be nice to have someone to have some accountability with and provide some motivation to keep going!
  • Ashley_Mo
    Options
    Hi I'm 20 and I have about 30more pounds to lose. I didn't start MFP till about 3 months ago and even before I started using MFP was working on losing weight. I have faith and belief that you will lose the weight in now time. I lost 25-30 Pounds in 4 months. So YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!
  • SunnyLuc87
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I was a chubby kid. I slimmed up in my teen years, but gained a lot of weight around 17-18 and have been at an unhealthy weight since. I have lost a significant amount of weight in the past, but I almost always manage to gain it back. I actually started about 30 lbs heavier 2 years ago. I lost 35 pounds and have gained about 5-7 back.

For the most part, I know how to lose weight I just have trouble with being persistent. I too will start out very enthusiastic and burn out in the beginning then fall back into old, unhealthy habits. For that reason having some accountability is so important. I think support is as important as diet and exercise. I hope you don't mind if I add you as a friend.

Also, thanks for the encouragment Ashley :)
  • oregongal77
    Options
    Hi, please feel free to add me as a friend. We all need all the support we can get. Good luck to you!
  • flyingpurplemonkey
    Options
    I'm sending you a friend request!
  • SunnyLuc87
    Options
    I added everyone who has requested so far :) Still open to more friends on here