Need some encouragement...

Options
So today I did my cardio and everything and then I ate lunch which was a fat free greek yogurt, and half of a big peach (I'm never really hungry during the time I get to lunch :-/ ) which was about 150 calories in total, and I came home and in the course of about five hours I ate eight fried chicken wings. I know it's not a whole lot of calories with both of those things combined, but it's so much fat for the chicken wings! I was just feeling a bit discouraged, and I'm going to work out for about a half an hour to an hour soon, but I feel so bad for the chicken wings ugh. What do you do when you're feeling bad about the food you ate? I'm also here if anyone else needs encouragement.

Replies

• spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I tell myself I won't do it again, and let it go.

You already ate them, there's nothing you can do about that.

Just don't do it again, and move on.
  • Kaydoggie
    Kaydoggie Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I don't beat myself up anymore like I used to when I do that. I make sure to just have a better day tomorrow and at least go for a walk!
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    EXERCISE it off IMMEDIATELY!!! You got's to move boo! I made some horrible choices today and I IMMEDIATELY went to the gym to compensate for the calories!
  • purpleblaze
    Options
    So today I did my cardio and everything and then I ate lunch which was a fat free greek yogurt, and half of a big peach (I'm never really hungry during the time I get to lunch :-/ ) which was about 150 calories in total, and I came home and in the course of about five hours I ate eight fried chicken wings. I know it's not a whole lot of calories with both of those things combined, but it's so much fat for the chicken wings! I was just feeling a bit discouraged, and I'm going to work out for about a half an hour to an hour soon, but I feel so bad for the chicken wings ugh. What do you do when you're feeling bad about the food you ate? I'm also here if anyone else needs encouragement.

just keep going! dont let it get you down, you will just want to eat more chicken! :) like attracts like stay positive :)
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I think the best thing to do is plan ahead for the next day to do better. See if you can think of a way to avoid doing the same thing again. Carry a healthy snack for the in-between time? Buy the wings in smaller quantity or wrap half and put in the fridge right away? Get "naked" chicken tenders instead of breaded wings? Just some possibilities to consider.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    When that happens to me I drink tons of water to flush all the bad stuff out. Feel free to me if you like for motivation
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 267 Member
    Options

You didn't eat enough for lunch and your body panicked. Split your protein up over the course of the day and drink a LOT of water to help yourself feel full. Nip the hunger in the bud when you first start feeling it and you'll have a lot easier time avoiding the high fat foods.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    you would'nt Believe how many cals you can burn just walking in place while watching an hour of t.v. ...now who cant do that!!! shake it off mama,whats done is done!.....you can only pick yoself up dust yo self off & keep it movin ,...right now get up and dooo something!!!! right now missy!!! ; )
  • AVinmill
    AVinmill Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    forget it and start thinking about tomorrow. Plan tomorrow's diet today and cook tomorrow's food tonight so you don't make irrational choices. I typically have my tomorrow planned out and make my lunch right before bed. Breakfast I make in the morning and diner once I get home from work but lunch get's made the night before.
  • xMissyMaex
    Options
    you would'nt Believe how many cals you can burn just walking in place while watching an hour of t.v. ...now who cant do that!!! shake it off mama,whats done is done!.....you can only pick yoself up dust yo self off & keep it movin ,...right now get up and dooo something!!!! right now missy!!! ; )
    I am now! Haha and the exercise is making me feel tons better already. I realized that I didn't go over my fat for the day, and not even really close to my calories :)
  • hobbyhungry
    Options
    Everyone needs a "give me" day =) so there is no need to fret over eating something that you love! I have one of those days about once a week, as long as I am good about what I eat the rest of the week. It hasn't really affected my weight loss either ;)

Also, remember it's the calories in vs. out that matter, fat (for the most part) is good for you. Of course, choosing the healthier fats are your best bet. I've found if I stick with my calorie goal, then I am good to go. I don't even consider myself on a "diet", even though technically I'm on one LOL. Once I hit my weight goal, then I know I will be able to maintain it by keeping track of my daily calorie intake.

So, eat chicken wings! And again next week if you want to! =)
  • AuntSaris
    AuntSaris Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can't beat yourself up for slip-ups, just pick yourself up and try again. Everyday is a new day, and you can determine to eat healthier this day! :-) I don't know what your normal days are like, but perhaps you were so tempted to splurge on the wings because you hadn't had enough calories at that point and you were quite simply very hungry! Try to space out your meals and snacks so you avoid those hungry spells. I snack on raw vegetables throughout the day, and drink lots of water. That seems to help me.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I have walked in place for ages while I watch TV. It's just wasted time otherwise. Next time bake your wings. And don't beat
    your self up when you slip:smile:
  • xMissyMaex
    Options
    You can't beat yourself up for slip-ups, just pick yourself up and try again. Everyday is a new day, and you can determine to eat healthier this day! :-) I don't know what your normal days are like, but perhaps you were so tempted to splurge on the wings because you hadn't had enough calories at that point and you were quite simply very hungry! Try to space out your meals and snacks so you avoid those hungry spells. I snack on raw vegetables throughout the day, and drink lots of water. That seems to help me.
    I actually think that's why I had them, because by the time I got home, hours after my lunch, I was pretty hungry. And my normal days are typically good which is why I got so discouraged, I think.
  • Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day! Learn from the mistakes and think back to your successes because you can do it!
  • ashlgh82
    Options
    I've done similar things as well, today included. I just have to dust myself off and get back on the horse. Weight loss isn't easy, but through motivation and encouragement, I think anyone can do anything.
  • kareinlib
    Options
    Well there's nothing you can do about it now! Just make up for it by eating healthy tomorrow. :) At least you didn't go over your calorie count, so you do have that.