Walking Shoes

Options
Hi All! I'm in the market for a new pair of walking shoes. I'm looking for something very light weight with good flexibility. A friend has recommended "Easy Spirit". Any other recommendations? Thanks!

Replies

• LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I got my current pair of Nike Air cross-training/running shoes. They had the arch support I needed for my walking. "Normally" a person should not have current walking shoes from a few years ago, but I I couldn't walk for the last year and three months, plus it was limited walking before that.

If you are due for a doctor's appointment or a podiatrists appointment anytime soon, I'd ask if they have any suggestions. Good luck!
  • misstori09
    misstori09 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I wear Fila Skele-Toes. They are very comfortable. These are the best shoes I've ever had for working out.
  • jackobatzi
    Options
    hi there,
    would you put light weight and flexible tires on your car or truck?
    I dont know why any body over 100 plus pounds (most of us) always wants light weight and flexible. That sounds like a slipper.
    I have been a podiatrist for 20 years and my most common question and frustration deals with shoe gear. My most satisfied patients were always the ones who took my advice and got a nice strong, sturdy shoe to walk mile after mile with no problems.

Walking shoes should be firm and yet flex at the ball of the foot where your foot naturally flexes. The heel counter should be fairly to very rigid to lessen over pronation (flattening) of the foot that has led to a mini epidemic of heel pain and plantar fascitis.

to read more go to my site www.walkoffpounds.com then search 5 feature of a good walking shoe article.
    thx dr jack.

ps i love my fitness pal really helped me track my meals and walking and lost 28 pounds!!!
    pss Keep walking everybody
    if you want to send me your email i'll send you a free copy of my ebook shoe fitting 101
  • imaginaryplaces
    imaginaryplaces Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I really like Brooks Addiction (I'm on my third pair). It's technically a running shoe, but all my mileage in them has been walking.
  • divamom0122
    Options
    Anything Orthaheel... these are amazing and cured my plantar fasciitis. The have a pair of walkers and I use some closed shoes or even their flipflops... GREAT
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I have some New Balance 812's. They are kind of pricey since they are made in the USA, but they have held up extremly well. They are a comfortable shoe for walking, but not so much for running.