Meet A Blob

Options
Hello
I'm a mid 40s blob and need to lose LOTS of weight and hope to do this with a lot of help from this site.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, making friends and losing weight.

Replies

• vblair77
    vblair77 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • tpt1950
    tpt1950 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    24742bac.gif
    You have made the first step in your weight loss journey by joining this great site.
    Read some of the success stories for inspiration and all the members are friendly and ready to support and motivate you.
    We are all in the same boat and need each other to keep us going.
    Good Luck and Welcome :O)
  • joanneferrato
    joanneferrato Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, and you're totally awesome for joining MFP and If you stick to it it will work. I also recommend the Canada Food Guide, This will help you decide what types and groups of foods you can eat. It is most helpful. Good luck. Cheers!
  • Lanibugluv
    Lanibugluv Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have lots to lose too if you want to add me! Welcome!
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have lots to lose too, we are in a good safe place here....lots of support! And you are not a blob! Be positive about yourself!
  • Bob_6383
    Options
    I too am a blob. A decade older than you which probably means I've had an extra 10 years to learn and reinforce bad habits.

Yes, it's time for a change :)

But there is so much to change, I need to learn discipline in my eating, it would help if I unlearned to love cheese, I need to become more active, I need to give up or cut down alcohol and I need to learn healthy lifestyly hobbies and choices.

I also need to learn patience because now I've accepted it's time to change, I want it to take effect now, immediately and permanently. Is it really going to take a long time to lose ALL that weight?
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Is it really going to take a long time to lose ALL that weight?

If we think of the end goal as the only goal... its probably going to feel like a long time. but if we look at every improvement, every day of eating better, every day of being active, every pound we lose as it's own success? I can handle a couple of years of little victories to keep me satisfied until i get where i wanna be.
  • Jonahisout
    Options
    Hello Mr.blob,

The first thing that you need to learn is to take it slow.

Neither you nor i became blobs or w/e overnight, it was a slow process.

To undo what has been done will take some time and effort.

The easiest changes :substituting drinks and foods and incorporating exercise into your daily schedule, would make this a non issue.

Just make an appointment with yourself daily or a couple of times a week that you do not break.
    And when you are at your appointment, make sure to give 100% to improving your quality of life.
    Don't listen to the voices telling you to quit your daily workouts or other things.

Our logic is not that solid, its what got us many of us gaining from the get-go.
  • ashlgh82
    Options
    Welcome!

I too need to lose lots of weight. I am a 30 yr old mother of a very active 4 yr old, and I really hate that I am not as active as I once was, and could be. I've been on here since July and have lost right around 10 lbs. It hasn't been easy getting it to come off, and I still find myself wavering toward those bad habits that sent me here in the first place. It's going to be a process, and I would love to help you on your journey.