For the Ladies - Bra Size Changes?

Options
2»

Replies

• heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options

I think whether or not you lose anything up there when you lose weight depends on how much of the breasts is fat and how much is glandular tissue. I have "dense" breasts for my age, i.e. more than 75% of what I have is glandular tissue.

Well *kitten*! My doctor actually told me mine are dense. :( So really, nothing can be done naturally?! They are going nowhere. I want cute bras!!! Deep breath...
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I now have bras that I could use as bird hammocks or caps for highlighting your hair!
    It's true thou that as your band size gets smaller your cup size has to go up. Just compare a 32 c and a 38 c bra's cups! There's quite a difference.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    The cup for a 32 B is the same as a 30 C and a 34 A. As the band goes up the cup decreases. It is weird.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Not yet enough to change sizes, but my sports bras are feeling a bit loose and things are just feeling smaller in general.
  • jensauce
    jensauce Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    this is one thing i'm NOT looking forward to...was a 32A before i gained weight, and now i'm a 34C...not excited to lose the boobs, they are fun to have =/
  • OooLaurenooO
    OooLaurenooO Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Only lost half a stone so my difference isnt that dramatic..ive gone from 36D to 34DD. But oddly they look & feel bigger to me. :indifferent:
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    YUP. i lost like 2-3 inches and i've gone from a 38DD to a 36DD or a 38C
  • SelenityJ
    SelenityJ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a 38 D to a 40 DD. Both increased recently. I splurged on a new sports bra and it fits well under my tops and even the top half mocks a cami like undershirt so one can't tell that it's part of the bra. Although I've been losing inches everywhere else. Actually, I need to go and take my measurements again for my hips, waist, and neck... I've been so amazed at my band and cup size changing that I feel like I have a mini department store of bras from 38 C's and D's to 40 DD's!

I'm not about to complain unless my back starts hurting.
  • birdieaz
    birdieaz Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Yes it surprised me. I was a 36D and have been wearing a 34C, but it turns out I'm actually a 30DD or 32D. There is a bra size calculator thread on MFP and that is what prompted me to go get fitted at Nordstroms. Was so tired of my bras not fitting right.
  • HannahsReturnToFitness
    Options

Apparently lost 2 inches in the band size, but the cup size increased.

When you lose in the back size and your breasts stay about the same size, you have to go up in the cup to accommodate for them. For example a D cup is not the same size through all the back sizes. A 30D is smaller than a 38D. So, when you go down in the back, you go up in the cup :)
  • sarahbeth913
    sarahbeth913 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What most people don't know is that the cup size gets bigger by band size as well. A C cup for a 36 band is smaller than a C cup for a 38 band. Therefore it makes sense that if you haven't lost any weight from your breasts that you would need to go up cup sizes if you are going down in band sizes.

That explains a LOT! Thanks for this post!