Weigh In

Options
Hi All

I don't have much weight to lose but I am super bad at eating all the naughty foods I shouldn't. Anyway last I was reading an article about how you can help yourself stay motivated during weight loss and one of the tips was to weigh in daily. This morning I weighed myself, yet to add to my diary though.

Does anyone weigh daily, or how often do you weigh?

Being a chickadee our weight fluctuates due to our cycles :-/ Just not sure if this is a good idea or not?!

Replies

• chroniclesofthinoholic
    Options
    I do weigh daily...but i don't record it in...i only record it once a week....This works fine for me...and the daily weigh in serves as motivation to look be more careful with your food... :)
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily - weight fluctuates up and down- and its better to see every day. Best is to weigh after you get up and go to the bathroom and before you eat/drink - that is more consistent,

This free site helps graph your results and averages out the ups and downs to help see if you are losing or gaining.

http://physicsdiet.com/
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I did weigh myself every day but it drove me potty in the end so I've decided to leave the scales alone for a while. I have a huge cup of tea first thing so I can't weigh myself anymore !!!
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Hi All

I don't have much weight to lose but I am super bad at eating all the naughty foods I shouldn't. Anyway last I was reading an article about how you can help yourself stay motivated during weight loss and one of the tips was to weigh in daily. This morning I weighed myself, yet to add to my diary though.

Does anyone weigh daily, or how often do you weigh?

Being a chickadee our weight fluctuates due to our cycles :-/ Just not sure if this is a good idea or not?!
    to me weighin in daily is pointless! and can lead to distruction... i started mfp 8wks ago and i weighed in once a wk.. then started twice a wk.. and didnt want to lead to more often!!.. so now im doing a 2wk no weigh in 'outta scale jail' lol.. just cuz I can! :drinker: I think ONCE a wk is healthy NOT every day
  • Stuz359
    Options
    I weigh in daily because it's an education is weight loss. So many fluctuations it's unreal. But I expect them now. Do I feel bloated? Was I drinking the night before? How much sodium did I have the day before? How much exercise did I do the day before? These factors can all cause you to retain water. But I only weigh in properly once a week, as long as I am on a downward trend I am happy.
  • macijojo
    Options
    i weigh myself weekly :)
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily/almost daily, but don't record that often. I weigh to monitor my fluctuation from water/salt/hormones.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every other week. About two weeks ago I gained a half pound and now i won't weigh in unitil next weekend. But today I started tryng on my old clothes and all my size 8 pant's are fitting! I haven't been able to wear them for about a year so I feel like I must be losing weight.
  • RomaCasalinga
    RomaCasalinga Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've found that I have lost way more weight since I started weighing AND recording my weights daily. Sure it fluctuates and some days its up but that seems to motivate me. And I'm even more motivated when it goes down. As for fluctuating with your cycle, I find I like the week I am on my cycle because I always drops a bunch at the end of the week. You know you burn up to 20% more calories that week?