chewing gum

Options
I have just read that chewing gum is high in carbs. Did as anybody else know this?

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Total Carbs(g)
    Sugarless Gum 1.90
    Regular Gum 2.64
    1 Gum Ball 1.32
    1 Gum Stick1.98
    10 Chiclets 10.57
    6-foot long tape Gum 39.65
  • julianatalie
    Options
    Thank you. I chew quite alot per day.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    nasty habit!
  • tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    nasty habit!

You're right. Probably the worse things someone could do for themselves ^_^
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I chew gum all damn day. 2 pieces at a time, Orbit Bubblemint. 13 packs in 2 weeks. Love my bubblegum!:laugh:
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I find chewing gum makes me hungry. My stomach recognises the chewing, makes the acid for digestion and then no food comes. It feels cheated and then gives me hell!
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    nasty habit!

It's only nasty if you chomp on it like a cow or snap it. That's nasty!
  • no1canadianangel
    Options
    nasty habit!

^^^ Agreed
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I chew gum all damn day. 2 pieces at a time, Orbit Bubblemint. 13 packs in 2 weeks. Love my bubblegum!:laugh:

My favorite!!! I chew it daily!
  • sheclimber
    sheclimber Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I agree that it's not the greatest habit in the world and would be willing to stop with the exception of the benefits that I get from it:

- it keeps me from shoving other foods in my mouth that are much worse for me.
    - it gets me that little bit of sweet when I need it.
    - as an ex-smoker I'd rather have this nasty habit than the nastier habit of smoking

So while yes it is a nasty habit, don't judge why someone is doing it. They could be doing something much worse for themselves. Now feel free to judge HOW someone is doing it, that I'll give you that one all day long. Because there are some really bad behaviors with gum and I am very mindful of that and try not to even chew gum around other people for this very reason.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    nasty habit!

VERY nasty... no one wants to hear people smacking their mouths. I chew gum every so often, it actually curbs my cravings and keeps my mouth busy so I'm not thinking about food. Granted, I only do this when it gets later in the day and I know I shouldn't eat anything since it's close to bed time. But I don't chew it loudly, or pop bubbles. That gets annoying too.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I agree that it's not the greatest habit in the world and would be willing to stop with the exception of the benefits that I get from it:

- it keeps me from shoving other foods in my mouth that are much worse for me.
    - it gets me that little bit of sweet when I need it.
    - as an ex-smoker I'd rather have this nasty habit than the nastier habit of smoking

So while yes it is a nasty habit, don't judge why someone is doing it. They could be doing something much worse for themselves. Now feel free to judge HOW someone is doing it, that I'll give you that one all day long. Because there are some really bad behaviors with gum and I am very mindful of that and try not to even chew gum around other people for this very reason.

^^ I can't agree more with this. Not a smoker, but I hear a lot of people who quit turn to gum to occupy their mouths! Gum chewing is by far not the worst thing in the world for you, unless you're swallowing it... I'm sure that can't be good for you.
  • laprincess1234
    Options
    Aren't we put here to be judged, not to judge!!!!!
  • trudance4
    Options
    Yes I always find I get hungry when chewing gum but, a few people i know it helps them not to eat, but i just hungry so dont do it!
  • dbarchus
    Options

My favorite!!! I chew it daily!

Agreed. Fools my tummy into thinking it's getting something tasty, and leaves my mouth fresh and clean....I like sugar free 5. :)
  • gguynes
    Options
    I agree with the prior smoker... if I have to have a "nasty habit", it's the one I choose. Besides, it's the best work-out I've found for the 2nd (and previously 3rd) chin I've been trying to get rid of!
  • The_Iron
    Options
    I chew the *kitten* outta some gum. I like the bubblemint flavors but my fav is Extra Dessert Delights MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP.
  • DJ2120
    DJ2120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    nasty habit!

My thoughts exactly! When people do this around me I fantasize about slapping the crap out of them. One of my all time biggest pet peeves.
  • mamakate3
    Options
    People often forget one of the main negatives of chewing gum - regular gum has sugar and 'sugarless' gum has aspartame. Both are bad for your teeth and both are a form of diet sabatoge. Aspartame is flat out bad for you!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I love chewing gum, I chew Orbit Sugarless with Whitening. Makes my teeth sparkle, Mmm.