1 year = 58 lbs

Options
Today marks my one year mark.... a year ago today I decided that my health was far worst than it needed to be for a 40 year old. I was grossly over weight (80 lbs at the bare minimum) My knees hurt, bone spurs, and arthritis, my cholesterol was high (which I can contribute 70% to genetics, now that I know more), blood pressure was rising.....

I had no energy and could not be as active as I wanted to be. I was a mess and was shortening my life span ever day and the thought of not being around to see my family grow a few generations was disheartening.

I have lost 58lbs - went from a size 20 to a 12. Went from barely walking a mile to running (though slow) 6 miles. I gave up sugar (for the most part) no sodas (and I do love Dr. Pepper), limit my starches and overall eating less and healthier. You have to make time to exercise, It works best for me if I give up a few hours in the morning.

My knees still ache/hurt, they are what they are from years of abuse. I am not at goal weight, but I am trying to develop a routine that I can live every day, every week, every month, all year long. I have good days and this summer it was hard to stay on task. So my goal over the next 3 months is to shed the next 20 lbs.....my 2013 goal is to run the Nashville half marathon in April. And to keep active, make good choices, and live a little have fun and enjoy life.

Sorry no pics, I have a few on my profile. Camera shy as most overweight people are. I am working on it !!

Replies

• mrstweedle1
    mrstweedle1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Sounds like you have everything under control. You will blast through that last 20 pounds!
    Options
    You're an inspiration! Good job on a great year!
  • fitanndfab
    Options
    Congrats! I know you will get there. I agree about the pic's I am not there with posting pics. I eventually will get there. You are an inspiration.
  • JeanneTops
    JeanneTops Posts: 2,619 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite kind of success story.
    I am not at goal weight, but I am trying to develop a routine that I can live every day, every week, every month, all year long. I have good days and this summer it was hard to stay on task. So my goal over the next 3 months is to shed the next 20 lbs.....my 2013 goal is to run the Nashville half marathon in April. And to keep active, make good choices, and live a little have fun and enjoy life.

Because it's the kind that's going to last.

Congratulations!

Jeanne
  • mrsains
    mrsains Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! 58 lbs. is a HUGE accomplishment :flowerforyou:
  • lose4good1
    lose4good1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Good luck at the marathon I know you can do it
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Very, very, nice. Your change is wonderful, and your attitude is perfect! Thanks for posting.
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    58 lbs in one year is a great accomplishment and you should be very proud! I say the best weight loss is a slow loss that can be sustainable rather than a quick fix that we end up ruining not long after anyway. Great job on your first year and finding something to work toward for the coming year to keep yourself motivated!
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    great job
  • GibsonDarlin
    GibsonDarlin Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!
  • TLEIGH33777
    TLEIGH33777 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!