Motivated to be a better person......

Options
Let me first start by introducing myself. I am a 33 year old divorced father of 2 beautiful kids. In my early to mid 20's, i was a health nut and gym rat. I was in great shape and felt wonderful. It really is amazing how fast that can all change. I now have to take meds every day for high blood pressure, I have back pain constantly due to compressed and ruptured discs and I am in the worst shape of my life. Over the years, I have made numurous attempts at regaining my health, but lack of support leads to lack of motivation and that leads to failure.

I am sure that my situation is very normal. I am here to gain that support and motivation needed to succeed. Since deciding that it was time, I have changed my eating habits, stopped smoking and make sure that I am active, in the gym and at home. Lost 12 pounds so far and feel better about myself!

I am looking for friends that can help me reach my goal! Please feel free to send me a friend request.

Thank you,

Todd

Replies

• melissafaith24
    melissafaith24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck! i have disc problems too and so i have to be careful in what exercises (or daily movements even) i make so it doesnt get thrown out of whack. ive been told over and over "even a 10 lb loss would make the biggest difference with your back". at one point last summer i had lost about 40 since they told me that and it didnt make a difference...but there are other reasons of course that i need/want to lose.
  • lila1980
    lila1980 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Feel free to add me. :)
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP... you can do this, you already made some giant steps toward a healthier life and with this program you are will see progress and then you will begin to visualize progress... Wishing the best on this path!
  • turton78
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • agriffiths73
    agriffiths73 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and you can do it!

This is a great place with great people, and me...so you're in the right place to get that support and motivation that may have been lacking.

Look after your back, support it with good core strength and see how you go.
  • Feeb11
    Options
    Fantastic place to be for motivation and support. Best of luck.
  • SueSlick
    SueSlick Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Wow already quit smoking?? I hear that's harder than losing the weight...Good for you!!