When do you crave junk?

Options
I am ok throughout the day, probably because I'm busy with the kids, house & study. However evenings are hell. I get the kiddies to bed at 7pm and then I just want to stick on a movie & munch the night away. I am now trying to snack on fruit in the evening, I love grapefruit, grapes, and all types of berries, but it's still not as satisfying as crisps with dip & chocolate etc.
What about you? What time of the day is the worst & how do you stay motivated to keep healthy?

Replies

• babymamahowell
    Options
    My struggle is the same time of day as you. When the kids are in bed and its just me and I finally sit down for the night I want to eat. I have started trying to eat healthier as well, typically I want sweets, so I will make jello, regular or sugar free, or pudding. I eat a little of that and it seems to help.
  • ThatDarnZach
    ThatDarnZach Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Late at night is probably the worst for me and I usually give in with healthier foods. If I'm craving a salty snack, I'll count out one serving of Wheat Thins or Triscuits. Sweet cravings and I'll eat fruit or dark chocolate.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    After I come home from a long day at work/singing/exercise and I'm sitting on the couch...
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be about something else . . . :grumble:
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I usually crave the junk food if I haven't planned the evening meal! Also if I am studying I tend to pick at food (anything).

Have you tried Chocolate philiadelphia with apple slices (or other fruit)? I am told it is very nice.
  • susiebear29
    Options
    whenever I am tired!! Im the worst when I fall asleep in the afternoon on a day off and when I wake up I just want to stuff my face!!! :sad:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Me too.......
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

Me too.......

You would...lol. I don't roll that way:noway:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

srsly, i came in here to see when women need it so i can capitalize.

f this thread. full of lies.
  • myma81
    myma81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Seems to be the same for most people. I think it's about staying busy so that I don't focus on food. Sometimes I feel eating at night is just a bad habit I've gotten into. If I have something to keep me busy whilst watching the box (painting my nails, playing the DS, on laptop), then I generally forget about the cravings. But that's not always as easy as it sounds.

I've never heard of Chocolate philiadelphia, not sure that sounds appealing though.....lol but I may give it a go, cheers xx
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Me too.......

You would...lol. I don't roll that way:noway:
    that's why you were begging me for those pics last week.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I like junk...
  • Nerdinista
    Nerdinista Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    When I'm breathing in and out...
  • tinatopak
    tinatopak Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Funny, I just noticed earlier that I really start craving for junk during the weekends. Maybe because I have more free time. All I seem to think about is snacking on salty, or sweets, salty, and sweets. Yes... my brain is quite persistent. When I start getting the cravings, I divert my attention by doing something productive. If it still persists, I try to eat healthier snacks like fruits or yogurt. Honestly, by Sunday I'm too tired of resisting. Sometimes the urge wins and I do take a bite of that chocolate. Diversion helps me. Looking at the Success Stories also works to keep me in line. :)
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i crave sweets, treats and chip type of things on friday nights and saturdays. mostly because these are the times i let myself have something. my body knows it too...as soon as friday night rolls around, it's like clockwork!

i am trying to change my weigh-ins on saturday mornings so i'll be forced to behave on friday night for the dreaded weekly weigh-in on saturday morning. that didn't go so well today as i've indulged on some homemade ice cream already.

if it's any help, i've heard that you can re-train yourself to not crave things at certain times. if it's association that you're having a problem with (i.e. sitting in front of the sofa, putting in a DVD and then craving junk), you need to find a different kind of association...like a diversion. i'm going to try that next friday. maybe go for a walk after dinner so i'll be distracted.
  • EricaCarmack
    Options
    i actually crave junk after cooldowns. so usually about a half hour after i finish my cardio! sucky!
    i only keep sweets in the house that my kids will eat though~ so when i get to itchin for some junkfood- i just jump on my bike again~ kind of punishing myself
  • embercakez
    Options
    I crave junk often...could be in the car, at work, in a dressing room...basically whenever and wherever. when the mood strikes, it’s time to get my rocks off.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I crave junk often...could be in the car, at work, in a dressing room...basically whenever and wherever. when the mood strikes, it’s time to get my rocks off.

When I see someone cute, when I shower, when I sleep, when I work...
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options

that's why I love you, that and your dirty *kitten* mouth.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

THIS^^^ And I always listen to those cravings!