What to Eat on the Go?

Options
I am having a busy running around day, and I will be on the road (driving) during lunch. What would you suggest getting from a (GASP!) fast food restuarant that I can eat while I'm driving. Normally, if I had to get ff, I would get a salad, but that won't work today. Suggestions???

Replies

• nickjnelly
    Options
    order off the taco bell fresco menu
  • howdeelightful
    Options
    Oh, thanks for the idea! I forgot all about that! :)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Subway isn't horrible for a meal that's pretty low-calorie without much nutritional benefit, but if you are on the road a significant amount of the time, it is seriously worth the investment to buy a small cooler and bring your own food
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    I always pack my lunch for those kind of days. I have al kinds of containers and ice packs to keep my stuff cool and yummy plus I have total control over what I eat that way!

My favorite is a turkey wrap, carrot sticks and an apple or pear.......easy to eat on the go!
  • howdeelightful
    Options
    I normally am at my desk for lunch, but today I have to make a trip that will be about 2 hours round trip just to pick something up for the office. I will be leaving here at noon, so it is literally right during lunch. :)
  • ThatDarnZach
    ThatDarnZach Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    If you need drive-thru, I second the Taco Bell fresca menu. You can get three chicken soft tacos with only about 450 cal
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    If you are near a Wendy's - they have a great Grilled Chicken sandwich that isn't too damaging and it's yummy. :smile:
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I agree with packing lunch. I also like Chipotle but I usually split a bowl. A Chipotle salad minus the salad dressing is usually a good option as well.
  • howdeelightful
    Options
    Yes, normally I do pack my lunch. I packed a yummy soup and side salad for today, but then got told I need to run this errand when I got in. Kinda shot my lunch plans. :ohwell:
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Subway isn't horrible for a meal that's pretty low-calorie without much nutritional benefit, but if you are on the road a significant amount of the time, it is seriously worth the investment to buy a small cooler and bring your own food

This is good advice. Why would you want to eat fast food? I take baggies of almonds and fruit and maybe a hard boiled egg.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    A Larabar and a kombucha is a great on the go thing. It can be especially filling if you get the kombucha that has chia seeds in it.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I normally am at my desk for lunch, but today I have to make a trip that will be about 2 hours round trip just to pick something up for the office. I will be leaving here at noon, so it is literally right during lunch. :)

Eat lunch at 11:30 and not stop for fast food?
  • juliette28
    Options
    I like to keep those 100 calorie packets of almonds in the car. At least then I am getting the protein to curb the hunger.
  • mercymarque
    Options
    I work for State government.. I'm not sure what you do but your entitled to a lunch regardless of this errand you have to run! Packing a lunch is always a healthy choice. I come in at 8 and take my son to daycare so I pack breakfast, snach and lunch. Today I had to pack dinner too because I work at an urgent care facility too. I don't really recommend fast food as their salads are even high in calories... I would pack a sandwhich which you can eat on the road, some fruit, veggies like carrot sticks and celery, peanut butter (that could be used for dripping vegetables about two tbsp as it is high in calories but good for protein and will keep u full longer and some nuts. I hope this is helpful. Have a wonderful day.
  • nickjnelly
    Options
    Oh, thanks for the idea! I forgot all about that! :)

Your welcome!
  • maryjay51
    Options
    ive learned through much error that packing something before a day like that works for me.. it keeps me out of trouble with fast food restaurants.. really who wants to order a salad going through a burger joint drive through?? it never fails that most times i order the cheeseburgers and fries.. i have a fairly decent sized lunch tote that i fill up with all kinds of things like fresh fruit , veggies, my own healthy sandwich ect.. with fruit alot of times i try to get berries because i can snack on them while driving .. sometimes i put in pretzles or whole grain crackers and almond butter .. lots of water and sometimes i treat myself with a diet soda . i have one of them frozen packs that you can put in the lunch tote to keep things cold too.
  • L_Gregory
    Options
    I have just signed up for GRAZE boxes, you recieve four small snack pots of healthy snacks in the post (opt for the ligher option they are all under 100 calories) really enjoying the variety. You can get seeds, fruit, rice crackers,flapjacks,popcorn olives ... I keep these in my desk drawer at work , they satisfy my 3pm craving.

I have a code if anyone is interested - you get your first one free and can cancel easily if you don't want to continue. visit graze.com and use code VCRQT6GD.
  • shalonda110
    Options
    I try not to go to Subway unless I am really in a pinch as most of their sandwiches has so much sodium. But it's probably not a bad place for someone with healthy blood pressure. :smile: