Just Started a C25k and have gained four pounds!

Options
Hey there everyone. I weighed myself this week and was shocked to see that I had gained four pounds. Now I didn't eat well this week or last but I exercised everyday so I should not have gained weight. Plus I checked my inches and they have not moved. So the only thing I can think is that I have been using some free weights a few times in my workouts and have started running over the past two weeks.

Is that enough to gain that much weight in such a short amount of time?

Replies

• louiseshaw88
    louiseshaw88 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    If you ate bad for 2 weeks you would need to do alot of running to stop you gaining weight, I run every other day sometimes upto 10 miles but if i have a bad week with my food i sometimes gain x dont be discouraged just start this new week and forget the last 2, you should find if you eat well and run everyday the weight will start dropping off x
  • Christabiss
    Options
    When I started running I also gained weight (about 3lbs). I was pissed at first, but I chalked it up to muscle gain since after sticking with it I noticed a significant change in the definition of my thighs and calves. In fact, I think my calves got bigger...but they looked awesome so I was okay with it. Keep it up and see what happens (and of course continue watching what you're eating)! I went from barely being able to run down the block to now running 6 miles and training for a half. I still have not lost any weight, but I can feel the difference and don't get winded walking up a long flight of stairs, haha :) Keep at it and don't give up!!!
  • gusnjay
    gusnjay Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have found that my body weight fluctuates with water loss or gain. When I work out alot, I also drink alot of water. My weight will increase up to 4 lbs and decrease by the same in a matter of 24 hrs. Last weekend at work, I did alot of walking and pushing carts. I had lost 4 lbs by the end of the day, after proper hydrating I gained 5lbs. Keep up your work out, you will eventually see the weight loss!
  • sep115
    Options
    It just seems so strange that I was still eating 1200 calories or less everyday and burning around 1000 calories from exercise and I still gained weight. I know its not water weight cause I don't weight myself everyday. Its just very disheartening because I was only one pound away from my goal weight until I weight in this morning. Now I'm 5 away.