Hello, Just joined today!

Options
Hi everyone,
Just found this site today and I can't believe it's free. I've spent so much money on weight watchers in the past and I'm not used to counting calories, only calculating points. Hopefully I'll find this easy to follow. Would be nice to chat with some of you guys and get some motivation. I've filled out my profile if you wanna be nosy :0)
xx

Replies

• boxkat
    Options
    From what I observed from my parents being on weight watchers, this works about the same. :)

Go ahead and add me if you would like. I'm always looking for new friends!
  • myma81
    myma81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi hun, yes I'm finding it ok so far but I keep going over my protein allowance - I didn't think that was bad!!
  • gingameister
    gingameister Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, it's really good here with lots of very helpful people! 8-) I've just sent you a friend request. 8-)
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    MPF Protein allowance is abysmal. Go over it, by all leave!!

You can manually adjust it in your goals but customs settings =]

oh and feel free to add me =]
  • iamheatherregan
    Options
    Hello. I just joined today as well and would love to be your friend. I have also only done Weight Watchers in the past and I am used to counting points. This is going to be a nice change! I have 10-15 pounds I would like to release~~~although, it seems like 100!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Hi hun, yes I'm finding it ok so far but I keep going over my protein allowance - I didn't think that was bad!!

It's not bad to go over protein allowance! not at all! I'll send you a friend request. I hope I can support you!

And one tip about MFP- it's an amazing site with amazing people who you will make real connections with. just be careful on the forums and remember to take all comments people make with a grain of salt!
  • thecrass
    thecrass Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP, it is a fantastic site and a friendly bunch of folks, its perfect for tracking on the pc or by app ive found it amazing and had gr8 support from friends, feel free to add me :-)
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    HI! Feel free to add me as a friend. The more the merrier and successful for getting healthy!
  • Berny680
    Options
    I've been on myfitnesspal for the longest but failed to utilize it to its full capacity until my size 16 jeans wouldn't button :-(. I'm one of those folks who start and sees results but is unable to keep going. I'm going to need a lot of help and support. Pointers are welcome.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Just found this site today and I can't believe it's free. I've spent so much money on weight watchers in the past and I'm not used to counting calories, only calculating points. Hopefully I'll find this easy to follow. Would be nice to chat with some of you guys and get some motivation. I've filled out my profile if you wanna be nosy :0)
    xx

I've never done Weight Watchers, but my understanding is that this system is similar, just more detailed and precise. Ultimately, you have to keep track of what you're eating.
  • DRNESTER
    Options
    I need to go over my protein because Im working out a ton and want to build miscle. Feel free to add me!!! I like to have friends that are pretty active on here so we can keep eachother accountable..... =) Hope you like it as much as I do!!!
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Welcome, welcome, as said before you'll find a lot of good info on here and meet tons of peeps & make new friends. I've never been on WW either but I know someone that has and it worked while she worked it but like you said, It's kinda pricey so I think she dropped the program and has now gained some of her weight back. :grumble:
    Anyhoo, you can add me if you'd like the more the merrier and good lick in your weight loss endeavors. :flowerforyou:
  • myma81
    Options
    Thanks for your support everyone. I've lost 3lb now so I'm on the way. This should be a great journey. Loosing is quite easy for me, my challenge is KEEPING it off! xx
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    Welcome!

I have recently joined as well.
  • myma81
    Options
    Welcome! I have recently joined as well.

And you've lost 19 lb already?? WOW well done you x
  • QuietStorm33
    Options
    Welcome! I will send you a friend request.
  • NewNalu
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I'm new here as well and am impressed with the community. I'm sure you've already found the mobile app, which has a handy bar code scanner for easy calorie counting! Feel free to add me as well :)
  • IronTitaness
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :) This site is fantastic and you can get so much support here. I have never done WW so I do not know how it works. Feel free to add me. I need the support :)
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Have only been on MFP for a short time myself, but found the site very easy to use. Try playing around with the Settings, you can adjust them so you don't get notified about everything and that you don't auto-post every little thing like closing your food diary or for how many days you've logged on (unless you want that, of course).

The rest of the site is very easy to use, and the food database is incredible.

Hope you'll find the same!
  • myma81
    Options
    Try playing around with the Settings, you can adjust them so you don't get notified about everything and that you don't auto-post every little thing like closing your food diary or for how many days you've logged on (unless you want that, of course).

Thanks. How do I delete topics? I already have some old ones I no longer want showing on my list.