When do you crave junk?

Options
2»

Replies

• BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    I have a hard time with evening snacking also! I can do so good during the day and then 5pm hits and i wanna eat everything!! I also always crave so much junk during TOM...
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I crave junk often...could be in the car, at work, in a dressing room...basically whenever and wherever. when the mood strikes, it’s time to get my rocks off.

that's why I love you, that and your dirty *kitten* mouth.

+1
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I leave my junk out so others can partake. I was taught to share.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Inserting obligatory junk pic:

port-townsend-chinese-junk.jpg
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I crave junk often...could be in the car, at work, in a dressing room...basically whenever and wherever. when the mood strikes, it’s time to get my rocks off.

also on the train, plane (especially when they seat you next to an college baseball team)...
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    boner.jpg

...did you say "junk"?
  • 4x4play
    4x4play Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I crave junk ALOT.... most of the time it's all I crave. And when I get my fix, I want more!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I crave junk when I have allowed junk, when I am with people who are eating junk, and during TOM.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Fortunately, I always have junk available when I need it.
  • anjoola
    anjoola Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mine is late evening too. The WORST time of the day to eat, right before I go to sleep. After I put the kids to bed, I just want to do whatever the heck I want! I don't want to ban candy from the rest of my life, I'm not that hardcore.

BUT, I do have a tip that has been working well for me: Try replacing Hershey and Snicker bars with a portion of tootsie rolls, and take your time chewing them up. On family movie night, when the kids are eating candy, I get one of those spicy lollipos (have you seen them with the Mexican candy?) Those suckers take time to enjoy and something about the chile really satifies and suppresses my appetite. Oh- and don't forget about air-popped popcorn with the spray-on oil and a little popcorn salt! Grab a diet soda and voila, you're a happy camper!
  • myma81
    myma81 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i crave sweets, treats and chip type of things on friday nights and saturdays. mostly because these are the times i let myself have something. my body knows it too...as soon as friday night rolls around, it's like clockwork!

i am trying to change my weigh-ins on saturday mornings so i'll be forced to behave on friday night for the dreaded weekly weigh-in on saturday morning. that didn't go so well today as i've indulged on some homemade ice cream already.

if it's any help, i've heard that you can re-train yourself to not crave things at certain times. if it's association that you're having a problem with (i.e. sitting in front of the sofa, putting in a DVD and then craving junk), you need to find a different kind of association...like a diversion. i'm going to try that next friday. maybe go for a walk after dinner so i'll be distracted.

Good idea!!
  • xoxmorgan
    Options
    I crave junk most when I come home from school. Taking a short much needed nap though when I get home resolves this issue because I wake up without the cravings :). But thn late at night from 9-12 is the worst.
  • myma81
    Options
    Taking a short much needed nap though when I get home resolves this issue because I wake up without the cravings :).

I don't have time for napping....jealous
  • i dont crave it everday i hardly crave it at all but when i do its the three or four days before my period and that whole week of my period. count me out on the calorie counting for those days or else you're gonna have one angry person on your hands.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    life+of+a+salesman+-+junk+in+my+trunk.jpg

Nobody craves the junk in my trunk...any takers?
  • myma81
    Options
    Nobody craves the junk in my trunk...any takers?

errrrrr no thanks, think i'll pass lol :0)
  • cmkeene01
    Options
    ALL THE TIME. LOL. I LOVE SWEETS ESPECIALLY CHOCOLATE. BUT I FIND THAT I CRAVE JUNK MORE USUALLY IS AT THE END OF THE DAY. ALOT OF TIMES I WILL CRAVE SOMETHING AND LOOK BACK AND REALIZE THAT MAYBE I HAVEN'T EATEN ENOUGH FRUIT OR VEGGIES.