Motivated Mommies Wanted!

Options
Hello,

My name is Keila and I have started a motivational group but needless to say, I am very frustrated with all 3 of my friends who have been MIA since we started a week ago. In the meantime, I have been toiling away alone trying to lose these last 23 1lbs and would love to hear from other moms such as myself who are trying to lose weight and tone up.

I am 33 years old and have been struggling with weight ever since I had my first child 14 years ago. my highest weight was a year ago at 178 1lbs. I have since lost 14 pounds and feel great, however, If I could lose 20 more I would be back to my pre-baby body. Anyone interested in getting their groove back and kicking the crap out of some fat? I would like to form a group for Motivated Moms who are ready to look and feel 10 years younger. visit my blog at myfitnesspal.com/blog/hunnie28k. I would love to share some tips with you as well as hear about what you have been doing to reach your goals. Good luck to All!

Replies

• mstanley
    mstanley Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I would be willing to join. I am 32 and my daughter is 7. After I had her, I just had this naive belief that the weight would just fall off and I would be back to where I was before. What actually happened though, was that I continued to eat and gain weight. Then I joined a gym and started getting back to where I needed to be, but life and everything else got in the way and I ended up right back where I had started. When I started trying to fix this problem back at the beginning of October, I was at my highest weight ever (230 lbs). Since then, I have been exercising regularly and watching my calorie intake and at my last official weigh in, I was down to 201 (I will weigh in again today, and I think that I'm down another 4-5 pounds). I want to get back to the weight I was when I got married, so I still have a long way to go (another 35 lbs or so).
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow mommies! I am Nicole, 31yrs old. My daughter is 4. My highest weight was of course when I was preggers (280!)... but that was 5 years ago and I have struggled since then to get ME back! I joined MFP awhile back, but really started using it this month and I LOVE IT! I am hoping to lose 20lbs by Feb 4th, which originally was my first 10lb goal. Hope you all have a fantastic week!!!
  • starkmomx3
    starkmomx3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join your Motivated Mommies group. I am also a mother of three and with each child I gained a little more. I have done the yo yo dieting for years, but this time it's a whole life change for me and I am determined to get my body the way I want and feel comfortable in my own skin. I believe that having support all around you with family and friends makes all the difference. I look forward to sharing my tips and support :happy:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    If any of you are stay at home moms, we have a fantastic group here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/78186-sahm-1-25-10-1-31-10

:)
  • ican♥and♥iwill
    ican♥and♥iwill Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I started a Motivated Mommies group a few weeks ago as well, but my members aren't quite as active either... so count me in!

I'm 23 and I have a beautiful 4 year old little girl! I've been losing weight for quite sometime now, since May of 2008. My heaviest was 280. I'm currently at about 200. Ideally, I'd like to lose about 40 more.
  • hunnie28k
    Options
    Wow Congratulations! What a fantastic accomplishment. I was the same way. I had my first child when I was young and thought I could continue to eat whatever I wanted. By the time I delivered my first child, I had gained 54 1lbs! It took me years to get back down to a decent weight. I learned my lesson after the last 2 babies. I think the misconception is that dieting is the only way to lose weight and that is not true. I am anti-diet - pro eating! I beleive in eating more to lose weight. I'm telling you it works. I eat at least 4 small meals a day and snack in between. It's a combination of what you eat and how much of it you eat that determines whether you lose weight. Pay attention to your body and it will tell you when to eat. The trick is, not to EVER EVER be hungry. The good thing about this is you can do this for the rest of your life and watch the pounds melt off. Visit my fitness profile and become a friend. I encourage you to check my blog for tips and motivation to help reach your goals.
  • Torah77
    Options
    I would love to join!! I've been married for 9 months now and I'm very happy, however; I'm unhappy with my weight gain. I enjoy cycling and team weight loss at Lifetime Fitness. I'm so ready to get back to the real me, attractive and full of life:)
  • wakkodragon
    Options
    Im in! I am 25 and have 4 boys. My oldest is 6, twins are 3 and my youngest is one. At my worst I weighed 225, I am now at 200. I want to get back to my army weight (7yrs ago) so I am aiming for 50 more pounds. I am currently doing the 200 sit ups, 200 squats, and 100 push up challenges along with cardio.
  • skinnygirlinhiding
    skinnygirlinhiding Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am a highly motivated mommy and would love to join your group! My starting weight was 238 and after 2 weeks I went down to 227. I have another weigh in on 1/30/10 so we will see how much I am now. For years, I have gone back and forth between dieting and exercising and just about anything you can think of (except for anorexia and bulemia - i love food too much to not eat it or puke it up). On 1/26/10, I had an epiphany, a moment of heightened awareness if you will, and I finally have KNOW where the root of my weight problems are. (If you are interested in reading about it go to www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/alicathammond) I am now more motivated and driven than I ever have been before. I love life, but I want to really start living it again - I want to run, jump, swim, skate, and so much more w/out being overly conscious of my body. I don't want to feel ashamed or disgusted w/ myself anymore and so here I am on this journey w/ you all and I can't tell you how much this site has helped me stay on target. I love all the support I get and I love to be supportive as well. My name is Ali and I am ready.
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Hey Mommies,

I'm Michelle and a week new to the site. Congratulations to many of you with those great weight loss stickers:bigsmile: I want one of those soon! I'm a SAHM of two girls, one 3 yr old and a 9 yr old 4th grader. After hubby returned from Iraq we were maintaining two households until they could relocate him back home and from that time the weight has steady climbed on instead of dropping off. It has been horrible as each pregnancy brought on 60 lbs and I was able to lose the weight, albeit it was hard work but now my body has reset itself and I'm at my biggest ever at 189:mad: I'm definitely feeling desperate and although hubby is a great supporter his high metabolic body does not understand what it means to not shed weight overnight without trying.:grumble:

I do workout at least 5-6 days per week with weights and kickboxing. I need a motivated group and definitely need a challenge to get me ready for my reunion this Summer:noway:

Michelle
  • sdgreen17
    sdgreen17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! I have a 9-year old step son who lives with us full time, and a two-year old daughter. I lost weight right away from breastfeeding right after having her, but the stress of being a full time working mom, going to graduate school and having a very emotional home life due to circumstances that I cannot control right now have led me to gain back every single pound. My highest weight was 225. I am 203 right now. I am 5"11, so my goal weight is 165. I have a huge problem with emotional eating, and finding the time to work out.

I want to find inspiration in seeing how other mommies can be successful!

Sarah
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Hi everyone, thanks for the friend request and invite to the group!!!

I am trying to lose about 135-145 lbs right now. I currently am 281.6, started at 292.8. So far, I've lost about 11 in 3 weeks! I have 2 children; a 6 yr old boy and a 5 yr old girl. I am trying to get a part time job right now and go to school full time as well as take care of my home and the children.

I'd love all the support I can get and hope this group pans out!!!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Finally got the chance to introduce myself to the group. My name is Jessica, I'm 24 y/o married for 2 1/2 years with a 1 y/o on Feb 7th, can't believe how fast it's all happened! The first weight gain was being in a comfortable relationship, went from115 to 140.. that's how much I weighed when I got married. With the pregnancy, the day before I gave birth I was 204, did I mention I'm 5 foot nothin. So for quite some time I was in denial about my weight, until I started seeing the pictures. My jaw dropped and I knew for myself, my husband and mines relationship and of course my daughter I had to lose the weight. I've also recently quit smoking.

As I'm very good at watching what I eat, getting the exercise in is hard for me. My husband works 3rd shift and for the past 2 months and now thru March he's working 7 days a week with 12 hour Sundays (it sucks) Which leaves me with our daughter, a lot. I'm also starting a new job tonight as a sous chef which can be a very labor demanding job (so that may help with the lack of exercise).

I can't wait to have the time to catch up on everyones introductions and go on this journey with all of you!
  • mmkovacich
    mmkovacich Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi I would love to be part of your group. I am a stay at home mom of 4 kids. They are 17, 14, 9 and 8 so they are all in school. I joined my fitness pal about 3 weeks ago. I thought I ate pretty well but after keeping track I see I wasnt doing as well as I thought. I had 2 modes: exercising 5-6 days a week and eating whatever I wanted or exercising 5-6 days a week and not eating enough. Now I am paying more attention. This site is so helpful. I need to lose about 8 lbs. I am almost done with my 2nd week of ChaLEAN Extreme. I also do extra cardio like: walk or run outside or on the treadmill, Jillian Michaels videos and biking. Im trying to find a few more videos to add variety. Any suggestions?
    Melissa
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Hey Fellow Mommies,

I did my Cathe Friedrich Bootcamp this morrning and then it was off to run errands with the 3 yr old. I'm logging my meals and then it is time to cook some Cream of mushroom chicken with rice and green petite beans. Although my trip to the grocery store had me thinking of something sweet or crunchy, I picked up my favorite snacks for coffee which are Cinnamon Dulce or Lemon Nonni's Biscotti. Tonight will be movie night so I may indulge in a mini bag of popcorn.

Have a great weekend! Don't forget to drink your water which is critical to help flush toxins and shed that weight.

Melissa- Jari Love earlier dvds, Amy Bento if you like high impact, as you are only in the 2nd week of Burn/Phase I would just add the additional cardio with the workouts. Using those intervals or BIO or Fat challenge is great for additional cardio.

Sarah- I remember writing my grad Thesis while hubby was in Iraq and working from home as an independent contractor. It is tough and then we lost his newphew so the emotional eating reared its head. Find another outlet for those emotions or do like I did back then I put the microwave timer on, put a movie on with popcorn and enjoyed a bubble bath every Thursday. My therapist had me log it as an appt and my girls were able to understand the concept and gaive me that time.

Jessica- Way to go on 38lbs woman and 25 days of healing those lungs.:flowerforyou: Keep up the great work! Some great dvds for you would be 10 min solutions, short circuits that you can add on or split throughout your day. These are sold on Amazon. I love the Abs and glute dvd and the kickboxing one. I can't remeber the names off hand but if you are interested I will get the name of both dvds. Walking is always another option and a great option you can do with the stroller.

TTYL,
    Michelle
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Thanks for the dvd ideas! I think I may look into some kickboxing ones, I've always wanted to learn but can't afford taking a class. I do bellydancing (which actually is a HUGE help in my entire body) I wanna get a new yoga or pilates dvd as well. Gonna dust off the ol' eliptical for next week too since my daughters finally getting over her cold and my in-laws will be here taking up her time!

And thank you! I'm very proud at the weight loss, right now I'm at a 2 pound loss, hoping more by our weigh in!! As for the smoking this is my second attempt and it's been SO much easier than the first, however I'm so busy that I don't even think about it!! My husband actually is gonna try and quit now too, so he says but I'm rootin for him!!
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Jessica,

That is a great gift to give your daughter...her mother's health. Those dvds are great and will work up a great sweat and if you combine all routins you can get a great 40 min workout..plus it includes an abs section. I did Bellydancing last year with agroup of women but it did not burn anything......FitTv has the shimmy which is just as great.

Workout completed, 4 cups of water and now it is time to create meals.

Michelle
  • mamaturner
    Options
    Yup, that's actually what I do, shimmy!! I love it!! I've noticed it slimming down my souffle as i like to call it, it's not a muffine top, it's a damn souffle.
  • bajangrl29
    Options
    Shimmy actually works up a sweat than my class did...Souffle that is too funny!
  • wakkodragon
    Options
    I have been doing the Hip Hop Abs dvds and really enjoy them. They take a few tries (well for me anyway) to get the cordination and all down but once you get into them they are wonderful! I've got to get back to my workouts today. I'd done a few too many squats the past week and was at the end of that weekly workout so I decided to count yesterday as my "sunday". I am trying to workout at least 6 days a week and an hour + a day.
    I am just sooo lucky that my addiction is low on calories so I don't have to cut back! I live on coffee and without it I would go crazy! lol
    I hope everyone is doing well with whatever schedule they have set for themselves!
    Good luck!
    Crystal:heart: