What would you order from this menu?

Options
http://grilleoncomstock.com/images/GrilleOnComstock.pdf

Going out to dinner tonight with some friends, and I like to plan what I eat in advance! I'll have around 800 calories to play with.
What would you order and what would you estimate the calorie content to be?

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    All Natural Statler Chicken Breast with two sides of steamed broccoli and a tall glass of water or two.

At a rough estimate I'd say maybe 550 calories? Really depends on how large the chicken breast is, if they add anything to it, and how large of a serving the sides of broccoli are.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    12 oz. Certified Angus Beef® sirloin (no sauce--I hate it when people ruin a good steak with dumb sauces). It shouldn't be too hard to get that nutrition info. For sides, I'd go with the Broccoli rabe and roasted veggies if I'm reading the menu correctly.

While it is a 12oz steak, sirloin is very lean as cuts of beef go, and the veggies should hopefully be fairly low cal as long as they're not dripping in butter or something.
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Well the Ahi Tuna appetizer is probably your best bet appetizer wise, it won't be fried, and it will pack a nice protein punch to take the edge off your appetite.

I would avoid the pasta dishes, and either get a small steak, the grilled salmon, or the cod for dinner.

If you don't like fish or really HAVE to have pasta? Get a pasta dish and put half away right away, and avoid the sausage. Just mind your portions and you should be able to navigate this restaurant fairly well. Ask for no oil or butter used in the cooking process.

Calorie counts? Salmon is about 230 calories in 4oz. The steaks might blow your 800 calorie budget, as they seem to be on the large side, but they may have a smaller cut (6oz or so) if you ask. The ahi has about 40 calories per ounce.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, and grilled chicken without skin... fried+skin means about another 400 calories >.>
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I'd do the grilled salmon over greens.
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Ahi tunA “crudo”
    12 oz. pork ny strip
    Broccoli rABe With shAved GArlic
    house BAlsAMic sAlAd
  • Melonhead
    Options
    Filet Mignon (if they do it right, no freakin' sauce is necessary)
    Roasted Vegetables x 2
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    salmon salad or grilled salmon with double veggie, and strawberry sorbet for dessert! :)

kind of hard to guess calories because portion sizes are tough and you don't really know what they're cooking with. I go out maybe once a week if even, and I usually just get whatever I want within reason.
  • stephaniec78
    stephaniec78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I would go with the grilled salmon also. The vegetables may have some oil on them while roasted but its usually olive oil thats used and shouldn't be too bad with the 800 calorie budget you have. Just be careful of serving size with the salmon. Remember 3 oz is about the size of the palm of your hand or a deck of playing cards.

If you don't like salmon I would suggest the grilled chicken or the sirloin, but make sure to substitue for healthier side dishes.
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    pistachio encrusted salmon looks yummy
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Grilled Atlantic Salmon served over roasted beets and asparagus with lemon dill compound butter (no butter)
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Crispy polenta and Cioppino. They sounds freaking delish.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken or salmon over greens :)
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Ask for a box when your food is served, and put the excess in the box for tomorrow.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    If you've meber had duck, that ravioli!

Otherwise, the Cod or atlantic Salmon. You've hit goal, so cals are high enough for either, and neither would break the cal bank.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    http://grilleoncomstock.com/images/GrilleOnComstock.pdf

Going out to dinner tonight with some friends, and I like to plan what I eat in advance! I'll have around 800 calories to play with.
    What would you order and what would you estimate the calorie content to be?

Thanks for your help!

I would get the sesame seared ahi tuna for sure! Sounds delicious!
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    pistachio encrusted salmon looks yummy

Yup.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Classic Margherita Pizza
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Well the Ahi Tuna appetizer is probably your best bet appetizer wise, it won't be fried, and it will pack a nice protein punch to take the edge off your appetite.

I would avoid the pasta dishes, and either get a small steak, the grilled salmon, or the cod for dinner.

If you don't like fish or really HAVE to have pasta? Get a pasta dish and put half away right away, and avoid the sausage. Just mind your portions and you should be able to navigate this restaurant fairly well. Ask for no oil or butter used in the cooking process.

Calorie counts? Salmon is about 230 calories in 4oz. The steaks might blow your 800 calorie budget, as they seem to be on the large side, but they may have a smaller cut (6oz or so) if you ask. The ahi has about 40 calories per ounce.

^ I agree w/this^
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Caprese Salad (most likely about 280-300 calories)

Grilled Atlantic Salmon (if you dont like beets, tell them to substitute it for another vegetable). Also, ask them to put the lemon butter on the side, so you can add to your dish as you like. (6oz of the Salmon = 241 calories)

Filet Mignon (3oz is 185 calories)