Australian obese male in 50's would like encouragement.

Options
Yup, the time has come when I no longer want to look like Father Christmas or a xmas pudding. I've probably left it too late to be a sexy surfing star but it really is time to change me into someone happier, healthier and fitter. Is losing 100lbs too much to want? I thought not :)

I'd appreciate making 'friends' with other people of a similar age or outlook that need to make big lifestyle changes.

Replies

• Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's not too late! Glad you're here!
  • samigirl1975
    samigirl1975 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Go ahead an add me if you like. I would love to be losing weight partner :smile:
    I just started as well, and I wanted to lose half of what you want to lose, but I just want to be in the healthy zone because I suffer from heart disease at such a young age.. I just want to get to a healthy weight. then once I am there I will make plans to lose more.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I am not your age.
    I am not trying to lose weight.
    But if you need a friend to encourage you, support you & be tough on you when needed... add me!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and on my way to 100 off, I've lost 67 and needing to lose about 120 more...I can do it and so can you...
  • samigirl1975
    samigirl1975 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 50 and on my way to 100 off, I've lost 67 and needing to lose about 120 more...I can do it and so can you...

congrats !!
  • Dreamer058
    Options
    In my 50's and want to lose 90 pounds. Is that close enough. Lost 12 so far. We can do it!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    In my late 60s [ok nearly 70] and have around 60 odd lbs to lose. Your posting chimes with me as I was once asked to be Father Christmas as I already had a big belly & a beard. Did not stop me eating or drinking though
  • twilightlvr79
    twilightlvr79 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. I am on here everyday and I am always looking for new friends.
  • deltalbarbie
    Options
    You can do it!