Options

Replies

• Circapaleo
    Options
    A cheese omelet with some veggies.
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I found that I needed to adjust my portion sizes of what I typically eat to get to the calorie range you want. When I started, a lean cusine type meal was never enough for my appetite. Now that portion size (not one of those meals) is what I normally consume at a meal. Also, I now run 2-3 mi. per day. I don't require more food to support the running habit. I had to make substitutions of more nutrient dense foods for those calorie dense foods to fill me up and keep me satisfied.
  • t8tersalad
    t8tersalad Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • catialuzia
    Options
    Hi there. Maybe this video will help:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VJM89WmNis

Good luck!
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl has entire books of under 200 and under 300 calorie small meals. I have made a few of them, and they weren't bad.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Tofu Shiratake noodles with just about any topping / sauce and lots of veggies. Yes, you have to get past the smell when you open a package. but if you rinse them really good under cold water, the smell goes away. They are the best substitute I found for pasta, and only 40 calores for a package!. I've stir fried with asian style sauces and veggies, and finally tried with pasta sauce to see if I could fool myself into thinking it was pasta. I topped with a jar sauce to which I added broccol and mushrooms and good parmesan cheese, and the whole thing was under 300 calories. I went a bit heavy on the sauce and cheese :flowerforyou: .
  • kit8806
    kit8806 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl has entire books of under 200 and under 300 calorie small meals. I have made a few of them, and they weren't bad.

I get the Hungry Girl emails and love them!! :)

Also, I'm not sure on how many calories it has, but I make a Cauliflower Casserole. Cauliflower Florets, 1 cup spagetti sauce, 1 cup shredded cheese and just bake for a half hour (or until warm and cheese is melted). I got it out of a Weight Watchers cook book. My 4 yr old daughter and I love it!
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    There's also a book called 400 Calorie Fix from prevention that combines fast food / prepared foods / cook it yourself ideas. I downloaded it from amazon.
  • MeghanLurain
    Options
    Oatmeal is alway a good choice. It's low in calories & very versatile. Lately I've been poaching an egg and having it over my oatmeal with 2 strips of bacon. It comes out to just a little over 300 calories. Also maybe look for the book 400 Calorie Fix. Tons of delicious recipes & there are two books. Plus it will teach you how to cook meals in the 400 calorie range.
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • daisiecpa
    daisiecpa Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    thanks for info i need ideas too
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/02/turkey-chili-taco-soup.html

This is one of the best chili's I've ever tasted! The only thing I changed was adding a bit of cumin but the serving size is large 1.25 cups for 199 calories... add a few tortilla chips crushed up in it and you've got your 200-300 calorie, very tasty, very filling meal! It also freezes very well so you can freeze single servings to thaw as you want it.
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    a typical lunch for me:

100 calorie english muffin
    2% pepperjack cheese slice - 45 calories
    5-6 slices deli roast beef or turkey - 50 calories
    mustard/pickles
    special k chips (1/2 serving) - 55 calories or 1/2 cup cottage cheese 90 calories

*under 300 calories and delicious! enjoy with a full glass of water, which i flavor w/sugar free flavor packet
  • ethansmug
    ethansmug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Great website for recipes and inspiration - http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/

I am an avid cook and this is my go to website every time. I don't even bother looking at all my cookery books anymore. The great thing about it is that people who have made the recipes gived feedback on them and suggestions as to how they can be improved so you're not taking a chance making something new.

They have filters for 0-200 calories and 200-400 calories.

It's a UK site so you might have to do some measurement conversions.

Gonna have to bookmark this on my kindle, so much easier to have that in the kitchen than having to keep running back to the computer screen to see what comes next =P
  • jojo98mu
    jojo98mu Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like to make either egg or cold cut sandwichs on the Thomas 100 calorie english muffins, they are so dense and filling.
  • mandorla
    mandorla Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My current lunch sandwich:

2 pieces of Eli's Health Bread: 140 calories
    1 Laughing Cow Mini Babybel Light: 50 calories
    5 slices of Oscar Meyer Deli Fresh Roast Beef: 50 calories

Total: 240 calories. Also yummy.
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    SUCH a great thread, wish more and more ppl would reply, just great posts, one after the other.....so many very clever ideas!!!!!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/02/turkey-chili-taco-soup.html

This is one of the best chili's I've ever tasted! The only thing I changed was adding a bit of cumin but the serving size is large 1.25 cups for 199 calories... add a few tortilla chips crushed up in it and you've got your 200-300 calorie, very tasty, very filling meal! It also freezes very well so you can freeze single servings to thaw as you want it.

holycrapola, that looks SOoooooooooo good, emo60.gifso so very good, and done in 20 minutes?? i am so going to try that one, nice time of year for chili is just around the corner.....
  • jdm1726
    jdm1726 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, whipped with franks red hot sauce and celery and red peppers to dip!
  • jennyrae719
    Options
    bump for later