Running Success

Options
2»

Replies

• juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! I agree with every one else - just keep pushing, even when you don't feel like it. Somedays the hardest part is just getting out of the door. When I started my fitness journey almost 3 years ago I couldn't even run 1/4 mile of the way around a small parking lot without feeling like I was going to pass out - and I HATED running. Last March I completed my first half marathon and I'm signed up for another one in December. I didn't run all of the way on the one in March but I did make it 10 miles before I had to walk. My goal for the one in December is to run the whole thing! I started with running as far as I could (which wasn't very far at all in the beginning) and then I just kept adding distance. Pretty soon I ran a 5K, then a 10K, then a 15K and finally the half. The C25K programs are great and really help. I also joined a running group through one of our local running stores. I really recommend getting involved ina running club if you have the time. It was great to be with people who were working toward the same goals that I was.
  • KetchikanLadyDi
    KetchikanLadyDi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That is terrific!! It gets easier as we get more and more conditioned. When I started running it was pathetic! Kill myself running a minute/walking a minute, two minutes/a minute, three minutes/a minute, etc... I am now up to running 5 miles every morning and only stopping to walk for a minute after each mile. Love the feeling of pushing myself!!
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I have just joined a running class. It's a group that meets twice a week and run. We are going to pick a 5k do together.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!