Calves

Options
One thing I have been trying to loose are my Calves. Can anyone provide any exercises where I loose them withouht gaining any muscle ?

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    First, you're not going to gain muscle unless you are expressly trying to, and even then it'll be VERY difficult and VERY slow.

But to your question, a calorie deficit = weight loss, weight loss = smaller version of you. You can't control where you lose weight from, so if it's not happening the way you want, you just have to be patient.

Maintain a healthy deficit and it'll happen. Makes no difference if you do it through diet alone, or through a mix of diet and exercise, just so long as you maintain the deficit.
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I use weights there too with calf raises
    toned looks nicer anywhere.

But stretching, pilaties and yoga can make you look more slender too
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    First, you're not going to gain muscle unless you are expressly trying to, and even then it'll be VERY difficult and VERY slow.

But to your question, a calorie deficit = weight loss, weight loss = smaller version of you. You can't control where you lose weight from, so if it's not happening the way you want, you just have to be patient.

Maintain a healthy deficit and it'll happen. Makes no difference if you do it through diet alone, or through a mix of diet and exercise, just so long as you maintain the deficit.

And actually if you do gain muscle size it will spread the fat out and still look better
  • jinniepig
    Options
    I have muscular legs, doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm actually quite proud of them as I worked hard to get them that way.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Too tight huh? Stretching will definitely make them looser. You can also make them loose by doing things like ankle rotations and "runner's stretch."
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    I had a moose loose about my hoose once, they made episode into a song. Troo Stoory

Calves, terrible muscle to target what with all that weight bearing and getting up and sitting down and walking they have to do and the running or the cycling and the standing, most people have the calf about as developed as it will ever grow but if ever a muscle wanted huge weight and high reps (40 plus) then this is the one and then you won't develop it to a huge size unless you have the genetics or the roids.