My success story, 18 months post pregnancy

Options
**I'm not sure how to post pictures on the forum, but my profile is public and my before and after pictures are up (check them out).

I'm 26 years old and had my first child, Leah in February 2011, I'm officially 18 months post-pregnancy (when can I stop saying that? lol). I'm 5'5 and back in my "skinny" days (high school and college) I weighed between 115 and 130 pounds. My "adult" days, I've been between 130 and 145.

Before getting pregnant with Leah I weighed around 145 pounds. I gained 50 pounds when I was pregnant and walked into the hospital at 195 pounds.

Once I had Leah, my goal was to loose 50 pounds by the time I turned 26 ( I had 9 months to do it). I didn't have a gym membership so I began running at night, 2 days a week and I started up on SPARK PEOPLE (very similar to MFP). I also did the BodyByVi shakes for a little over the month, with the support of my husband. By November of last year, I dropped 50 pounds.

But - my body wasn't the same and I know it will probably wont ever be.

Since November I've been stuck, weighing in between 145 and 150. In January my goal was to start REALLY running and to get my gym membership back at work.

Since mid-Spring I've been working out 2 times a week in a very intense cardio class called, Lets Have a Ball. I've managed to get down to 140/141.

I thought it was important to post my sucess story because, loosing weight after having a baby is much different than just loosing weight. Each has their challenges. I find it inspiring to see other Mommies out there who are loosing the weight!

MFP has me on 1200 calories a day. So I try to stick between 1200 and 1500 calories. I work out twice a week in my LHAB class and I've just recently (like last week) started running again, twice a week.

I'm not perfect, I work full time, my husband works full time, and I'm a mommy to a very BUSY 1 1/2 year old. I eat fast food, I have a soda. But, I'm trying! MFP has been such a great tool for me this past Spring and Summer, there is so much support here and I'm really enjoying it.

I hope you check out my profile, it's always great to have friends and a support system on here, feel free to add me!!

- Bethany

Replies

• daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! My little guy is not quite 17 months and between work, home, hubby and baby losing weight and finding time for yourself can be a challenge, good for you for meeting it head on. I think I am finally finding the balance and I'll get there eventually. You look amazing in your pics, great job!
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Yes, I can certainly tell your before pics from the more recent ones. You are doing something wonderful for yourself while managing a very busy life. Good for you and here's to all your good work! :drinker:
  • bethanywink
    Options
    thank you for the comments and support! :)
  • Pennylane918
    Pennylane918 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I could have written this- work full time, husband works full time, but my little guy is 16 months. I agree that your body isn't the same after pregnancy, and weight doesn't come off the way it would before thanks to new hormones, etc.
    I am stuck like you, and I don't know when I can work out, but I'm glad that you posted this. I needed to see that you just have to figure it out and do what you can and when. I have been taking a water aerobics class a few nights a week (I'm the youngest by 30 years but it's a blast) but I haven't been in a month since we've been away. I should toss the baby in the stroller and go for a walk when I get home, even if it's 15 minutes.
    Congrats and thanks for the motivational kick in the butt that I needed!
  • deannajf4
    deannajf4 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Were you breastfeeding during this weight loss??

Especially interested in the shake system you used - if it was safe during breastfeeding...

I'm EBF my 5mth old so playing wiht the calories are tricky! I want to keep them low to lose weight, but have to keep them high enough to make milk...I'm a factory don't ya know! lol

Anyway - good work you look terrific - I especially love the pic of you holding your little girl...I'm dreaming of the day I can look good with my kids in tow!! :)
  • bethanywink
    Options
    No, I did not breastfeed. I'm not sure about breastfeeding and the shake system, but I've heard of people doing it. It's nothing but nutrience in the shakes. The shakes are called body by vi.

Thanks for the comment! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!