Disappointing workout

Options
Evening all - I swam this evening for the second time this week. Had a great session on Tuesday, swam 600m in 30 mins. I did the same this evening, but just really wasn't *feeling it*. I didn't feel like it was having the same effect on me, like I was getting as much from it. I struggled a bit with breathing, really trying to do that properly, especially for front crawl, but I just felt there was something stopping me from making the most of it.
Does anyone have any strategies for making sure I can bounce back and have a good gym session tomorrow?
Thanks,
Helen.

Replies

• jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Just go out and do it again...there will be good workouts and bad ones.

I have this issue from time to time with running...it goes away on the next workout usually.

Cheers!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    No strategies. Just get out there and do it. Not every session is going to be awesome, but the junk will make you love the great ones even more!

Besides... you lapped everyone who sat on the couch while you swam. Way to go!
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    It may have been a disappointing workout, but it's still a workout. You will have excellent workouts, good workouts and mediocre workouts, but they all count. I'm not a swimmer so I don't know anything about any of that, but I had a disappointing kickboxing class on Tuesday as we had a different instructor who hasn't taught in awhile and refuses to learn the new releases so we were doing stuff we've done tons of times, but at the end of the day I showed up and I got myself moving and that's what matters most. As for tomorrow, just go and push yourself and chances are you will have another great workout tomorrow.
  • jpmax68
    Options
    I agree with all of the above. In addition if it continues maybe try a little cross training to rest your "swimming muscles". Main thing is you got out there and did it...keep it up :)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    It's probably more of a struggle because your body is still tired from the last workout. Particularly with something like swimming, having your timing be a little off because muscles are a little slow to respond can impact rhythm and results. Your body will adapt and overcome, just give it a few more workouts, your muscles will start recoving faster!
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Was your mind kind of cluttered? I noticed that two works that seemed to lack happened at the time I was experiencing drama with the girl I am dating.
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

i LOVE THIS!!! how true!
  • fallintomyworld
    fallintomyworld Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I tend to drink an energy drink and that gives me the extra energy for the "UMF" in my workout. I tend not to work out as hard when I want to be doing something else.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I have the same number of good workouts and disappointing workouts. It happens, and it will happen again! Get back out there dear! :)
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    No strategies. Just get out there and do it. Not every session is going to be awesome, but the junk will make you love the great ones even more!

^ Yep. What she said! ^
  • stagknight
    stagknight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I just keep adding time till it hurts too much to continue. Last time I did 50 press ups in a row, non stop. Next time out I will do 55 or 60 till I feel my arms are about to give way.
  • hmparkin23
    hmparkin23 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I tend to drink an energy drink and that gives me the extra energy for the "UMF" in my workout. I tend not to work out as hard when I want to be doing something else.

Does this not just count as drinking sugar pre-workout?!

Thanks for the support, guys. Ready to slog 45 minutes back into town tomorrow and set up my weekend-gym routine!!

xx
  • kdward83
    Options

Does this not just count as drinking sugar pre-workout?!

Thanks for the support, guys. Ready to slog 45 minutes back into town tomorrow and set up my weekend-gym routine!!

xx

Sugar free/no calorie drink