Divorce.... according to my six year old.

Options
odusgolp
odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
My son doesn't remember us ever being married. We split before he was 2.

Well, last night he's asking dad why we're not married anymore and why we don't live together. He tries to explain that mom and dad realized they're better friends when they live separately than when they lived together and that we're all much happier now (true story, we live 5 houses apart and are good friends now).

My son says, "Plus, mom's just got too much stuff."

*LOL* We can't live together cause I've got too much stuff :bigsmile:

Replies

• Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Out of the mouths of babes. :heart:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You pack rat!!
  • odusgolp
    Options
    You pack rat!!

Appropriate as I am packing to move right now :) Trust me, the amount of stuff I have is a bit insane *LOL*
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    My son doesn't remember us ever being married. We split before he was 2.

Well, last night he's asking dad why we're not married anymore and why we don't live together. He tries to explain that mom and dad realized they're better friends when they live separately than when they lived together and that we're all much happier now (true story, we live 5 houses apart and are good friends now).

My son says, "Plus, mom's just got too much stuff."

*LOL* We can't live together cause I've got too much stuff :bigsmile:

At least he didn't say "Plus, mom's got too many boyfriends." I mean, whatever makes him feel comfortable with the situation...lol
  • horndave
    Options
    Time for a yard sale.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    You pack rat!!

Appropriate as I am packing to move right now :) Trust me, the amount of stuff I have is a bit insane *LOL*

YARD SALE!!! :bigsmile:
  • cdprouty
    cdprouty Posts: 140 Member
    Options

Where, seven houses down? ;)
  • odusgolp
    Options

At least he didn't say "Plus, mom's got too many boyfriends." I mean, whatever makes him feel comfortable with the situation...lol

He better not throw me under the bus! :tongue: :wink:
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    LMFAO....that's too funny!!! He did a great job explaining!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    Time for a yard sale.

:grumble:
  • odusgolp
    Options

Where, seven houses down? ;)

MILES away. It's titillating, really :)
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    WOW. congrats. I know for sure if my wife and i got divorced no way would we be friends. LOL...........
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    So cute!
  • odusgolp
    Options
    I, admittedly, have a lot to sell this move. We're moving into a smaller house from a pretty giganitic apartment. No more formal dining room, fireplace, etc *sigh* It's overwhelming sometimes.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options

He better not throw me under the bus! :tongue: :wink:

somebody need to report a shoplifter?
  • arnoswife
    arnoswife Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    :happy: :heart: Gotta love the little fella!!
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    You and your ex getting along is fantastic. My parents can't be in the same room together without some drama. My dad went so far as to demand a separate wedding reception for his family when I got married. AND he blackmailed his family to keep them away from the wedding.

As the grown up child of two people that tried to keep it together for the kids... it's not worth it. I wish they got that divorce sooner. I can see that now.
  • odusgolp
    Options
    You and your ex getting along is fantastic. My parents can't be in the same room together without some drama. My dad went so far as to demand a separate wedding reception for his family when I got married. AND he blackmailed his family to keep them away from the wedding.

As the grown up child of two people that tried to keep it together for the kids... it's not worth it. I wish they got that divorce sooner. I can see that now.

That's sad :( I'm sorry you have to be in the middle of their *kitten*. My ex and I still have our moments, of course! But we will do everything in our power to not let our boy ever see it!
  • Hoover8it
    Hoover8it Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My ex and I are real good friends. Some people can not beleive we are dirvorced (like my daughters school teachers) We figure we still have a kid to raise so why make it bad on all of us.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Haha thats awesome!