Body Revolution -vs- Insanity

Options
Hello :)

I've been looking recently into doing one of the 90 day exercise programs and having read reviews I'm fairly certain I want to do either Body Revolution or Insanity but I'm not sure which!

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions/recommendations, based on their own experiences and any success stories with pics if possible for a little motivation!!

H x

Replies

• Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    As much as I LOVE Insanity and try and push it off on every one and have completed it three times myself, and not being that big a fan of Jillian Michael's, I just watched the infomercial for this program Body Revolution and knowing what I know about Insanity, if you're looking to tone and lose weight I would suggest getting Body Revolution. It looks like a very good program to me. I have several of her workouts and did not like any of them and tried each one of them one time each and felt that they were just too easy, but after watching the informercial for Body Revolution just now I would actually buy it myself because it's basically like doing Insanity and P90X at the same time and that's totally worth it to me, weights and cardio. Insanity is all cardio. I might even buy BR myself now which is saying a lot lol. I think if I had to choose between the two today having done neither I would buy her Body Revolution. *gasps* I can't believe I just said that lol. I am a Beachbody and Shaun T fanatic but I'm also very honest. Good luck to you.
  • 1972mom
    Options
    It really depends on where your fitness level is. I started with BR and was glad that I did. It is very doable at the beginning and progressively got harder. I followed BR up with Insanity and made it through. I was much stronger after BR and that helped me get through Insanity. I am currently on Les Mills Pump and plan on doing BR again when I finish PUMP.
  • jennadonley
    Options
    I just finished my eighth week of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and love it! In 10 weeks (I was out two weeks due to an injury) I went from 171 pounds down to 148 pounds. It's really a great program because you start off doing workouts that everyone is capable of doing but there are still modifications if you need less or more in your workout. The workout progressively gets harder every two weeks and each time you start a new cd you can't believe that you are capable of doing the new workouts! I find her very motivational and she really is the reason I was able to get through all of the workouts without giving up. I 100% recommend doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution!

I am going through a stage of seeing what else was out there and borrowed my father's P90X and after a few short days decided that it is not for me at this point in time. I get very discouraged watching the individuals on the program blasting through every exercise and doing it beside them not being able to perform at half their ability. I also didn't like the focus on resistance training and the lack of cardio. Jillian Michaels has a great mix of cardio and resistance training in her videos. I also like how her videos are only 30 minutes long and that you have the option to do the additional cardio video in each phase as well.

Overall, I would recommend Jillian Michaels BR for the mix of cardio & resistance training, time requirements, and because of how motivational she is! However, if you are already very active and have been training regularly weights/do cardio exercise, and/or are already at your desired/healthy weight then I can see where you might need something more.
  • hayleyshmayley
    Options
    Hey,

Sorry about the late reply on this (bloody MFP and there lack of notifications!) but thanks to all that posted.

Your replies were really interesting and I do really think now that BR is the one for me :)

Will probably start tonight so fingers crossed!!
  • hayleyshmayley
    Options
    I just finished my eighth week of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and love it! In 10 weeks (I was out two weeks due to an injury) I went from 171 pounds down to 148 pounds.

Wow - well done on the weight loss!! Would love to see some of your before/after pics if you have them? x
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I have the Insanity DVD's and have started it at least 4 times and never finished it completely. Really looking for a workout that is a little less difficult and intense. I can get through an Insanity workout but not without feeling like it's going to kill me. I'm really looking into trying the BR after dusting off my 30DS this morning and realizing how much I love her DVD's. Sounds crazy but it feels good to be able to get a good workout in and feel good about it! I always felt very defeated after doing Insanity with so many modifications. I think I might give this a go and THEN complete Insanity! Than's y'all!
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I just finished my eighth week of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and love it! In 10 weeks (I was out two weeks due to an injury) I went from 171 pounds down to 148 pounds.

WOW that's great results! I was 4 weeks and lost 10 lbs but got a lower back injury in Phase 2- how did you get injured and how did you overcome it?