Disney World Half Marathon

Options
anyone else doing it? i started training last week. i by NO MEANS am attempting to do well, as i'm only running like 2 miles right now. but having a training buddy would be great!

Replies

• hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    anyone else doing it? i started training last week. i by NO MEANS am attempting to do well, as i'm only running like 2 miles right now. but having a training buddy would be great!

Disney has several half marathons throughout the year. I'm doing the Wine and Dine Half on Nov. 10. Which one are you doing?
  • rlmiller73190
    rlmiller73190 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Disney Princess one in February :)
  • irishdancer23
    irishdancer23 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    oops! i didn't realize there were so many! i'm doing the one on the disney world marathon weekend in january.
  • irishdancer23
    Options
    shamelessly bumping myself :) anyone?
  • blueboxblues
    blueboxblues Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I started training for NEXT year's Wine & Dine this week...always wanted to attend the Food & Wine festival, this will hopefully be my excuse! I figure if I start now that gives me loads of time to build up endurance and set an achievable goal that's a little more specific than being able to finish.
  • irishdancer23
    Options
    that's great! yeah i would have opted to do next year's, but my dad kind of sprung it on me about a month ago, so i'm going for it! probably not going to go too well though...i just want to finish lol :)
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I was under the misconception that there was only one once a yr but now that you all mention it I may aim for the princess one in February! I am only doing 2 miles right now so I have to work my way up there!
  • irishdancer23
    Options
    the princess one sounds awesome! I wish i'd sign up for that one instead!
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    That's my goal marathon! One day!
  • sassyusername
    sassyusername Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this before, I had to google it. It sounds AWESOME. I'm so jealous of anyone who's going.
  • going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    if you complete 2 races at different disneys you get a special medal in the same calendar year
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I hope to someday be able to do one of the Disney marathons!
  • bobbibull
    Options
    I am doing the one in February. The Princess half marathon...walking...:smile:
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who's signed up for the Wine and Dine and the Princess this year. Me? I don't live in Florida so I wouldn't be able to even if I could run that long right now — which I can't. But I hope that one day BOTH those things will change. In the meantime I wish everyone doing these races luck! =D
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My goal is the Princess Half Marathon, but I'm going to start slow with the Yeti 5k and scavenger run in May.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the half in January (I think -- haven't signed up yet). Have been running for a few years but am pretty slow and have never run a race before so kind of nervous about it . . .
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the half in January (I think -- haven't signed up yet). Have been running for a few years but am pretty slow and have never run a race before so kind of nervous about it . . .
    You'd better make up your mind QUICK! The half is 98% sold out already!
    I just ran the Disneyland Half this past Sunday. It was SOOOOO much fun. Anyone who is looking at running a half as a goal, make it a Disney one! I said I'd never do another 1/2 BEFORE I ran it and now I'm thinking about signing up for another local one in Feb--when it is COOLER!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    DH and I are doing the one Jan 12, 2013. Is that the one you are doing? Just started my training this week.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I just ran the Disneyland Half this past Sunday. It was SOOOOO much fun. Anyone who is looking at running a half as a goal, make it a Disney one! I said I'd never do another 1/2 BEFORE I ran it and now I'm thinking about signing up for another local one in Feb--when it is COOLER!

Thanks for the heads up! When I checked last week it was 83%. Congrats on your half!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up! When I checked last week it was 83%. Congrats on your half!
    No problem. As soon as one of the races has their Expo, people sign up like crazy for the open races. I was going to sign up for the Tinkerbell in 2013 since it is the only other race at DL(I live 15 min away, so it is local for me) and they said it sold out in 4 WEEKS!