What are the best "light" frozen entree's?

Options
I personally LOVE the Healthy Choice Honey Balsamic Chicken steamer and the Smart Ones Slow Roasted Turkey Breast. I know they aren't a *perfect* solution, but they help keep me on track when I'm way too busy for anything else. Since these are the only ones I'm really familiar with, I figured I'd put it to the masses. So....

What are your favorites? Any to steer clear of?

Replies

• KristiBell1
    KristiBell1 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I love the healthy choice turkey and sweet potatoes in a honey glaze steamer. I eat it almost everyday. I have yet to find a good lean cuisine meal.
  • mrsdutra07
    Options
    I love sweet potatoes. I'll have to seek that one out! Thanks for the tip on the Lean Cuisines.
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat them, but when I do, as today, I go for the Starkist Sensations Shrimp Arrabiata. It is spicy but very good. They are usually near the frozen seafood, not the "light or diet" section. But, it has whole wheat penne and is 210 cals, 3.5g fat, 6g fiber, and 160mg omega-3 and 430mg potassium. Sodium is 590, which is high, but it is a frozen meal so....
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    don't eat frozen dinners, make a little extra food when u cook dinner at night and save a plate for the next days lunch. it's lots better!
  • mrsdutra07
    Options
    Llike I said, I do try and steer away from them, but on those days where I have no leftovers or I leave them at home *doh!* It's a way better option than the McDonald's that's 50 yards from my office :)
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine Spinach and Mushroom Pizza, it is just so damn good! :smile:
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    don't eat frozen dinners, make a little extra food when u cook dinner at night and save a plate for the next days lunch. it's lots better!

THIS - you would be better off eating from MacDonalds...they are so full of sodium and so small in portions...go to MacDonalds, get garden salad (no dressing) and a snack wrap...about same calories, more filling and less sodium....
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    It's a matter of opinion. I have a few go to Healthy Choice meals. I also love the new Lean Cuisine Market steamers--the ones in a bag.
  • AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Generally I take one day a week to cook some extra foods to pop in the freezer for the rest of the week. Kashi does have some tasty steam bags with about 270 calories worth of pasta and veggies that I LOVE. The artichoke/spinach pasta one is my favorite.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Any of Amy's meals. I eat one or two nearly everyday. Everything is 'organic' which I know doesn't mean much, but it makes me feel pretty good. :) Also, you can read every single ingredient on the back of the box; no weird chemicals or preservatives. The calories are usually under 400, but there are some 'light' ones as well that are under 300. I love them ALL! They taste like they are home-made, especially if you heat them up in the oven. The portion sizes are VERY GENEROUS. I've had problems with not being able to reach my calorie goal, because they are so filling and low-cal.
  • Libb3C
    Libb3C Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This is funny because I just went to the Lean Cuisine site and the McDonald's site and looked at the sodium - all of the grilled wraps at McD's have between 650-700 sodium, LC meals range from 390-720. So if it is sodium you worry about, there are lots of options. Have your LC meal with that side salad and you will probably be fuller, longer!

THIS - you would be better off eating from MacDonalds...they are so full of sodium and so small in portions...go to MacDonalds, get garden salad (no dressing) and a snack wrap...about same calories, more filling and less sodium....