Not hungry

Options
I've only consumed just over 600 calories today and I'm not hungry at all. Would I be sabotaging my progress by not eating my goal amount of calories?

Replies

• tuulikki30
    tuulikki30 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    yes
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    For one day? Probably not. If you repeat the process? Definitely.

Although, you make wake up starving tomorrow and demolish 2000 calories worth of breakfast.

Eat your goal. :P
  • Starbuck2020
    Starbuck2020 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The good thing is it is easier to make great food choices when we are not really that hungry. :)
  • ellebish
    ellebish Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Although, you make wake up starving tomorrow and demolish 2000 calories worth of breakfast.

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Yes. Believe me.

As a previous poster said, one day won't do any harm but please please please don't make a habit of going so low. (Speaking from experience)

Jx
  • columbus27
    columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    No. if you're not hungry then don't eat. Don't eat for the sake of eating. You can avg your cal out. Eat more on Sat.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

This
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Do you feel poorly, to only want to eat so little?

What works for me is trying to be consistent with the cals.

If you feel that`s all you can eat for today then so be it, but try not to go under all the time cos you will end up feeling poorly.

If you need some motivation and support then add me if you want to....I am quite a lot older than you but will try to keep you on track.

Good luck either way x
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Under eating always seems to lead to over eating
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Don't make it a habit, your metabolism will slow and losing weight will become MUCH more difficult.
  • mtm1104
    Options
    You may need to eat more to keep your metabolism humming. If you eat too little you will trick your body into storing energy (fat)
  • eddysuchydvm
    eddysuchydvm Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I went about 2-3 weeks eating way under my calories and didn't lose anything. Then, I had some "bad" days where I ate my 1200 calories and even a bit more on a few of those days. I was so bummed on those days...I felt like I was sabotaging myself.

Well, those were the weeks that I lost the most. It isn't as though I went WAY over...I just ate healthy food and within my range and saw results!
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I see these posts often, the only thing that I think is, how did you get overweight in the first place if you can't even eat 1200 cals a day?
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I see these posts often, the only thing that I think is, how did you get overweight in the first place if you can't even eat 1200 cals a day?

Lots of ways:

-Drinking many calories per day (sugary drinks or alcohol)
    -Eating a lot of unsatisfying snack foods
    -Heavy reliance on eating out, or fast food, or packaged foods

Many people find that real food is a lot more filling than the junk they were eating previously. It takes some folks a week or so to get used to eating actual food instead of junk.

Then there are the people who have chronically undereaten and they really aren't feeling hunger pangs any more.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    if ur really not hungry, don't force yourself to eat, but dont let it become a habit or starve yourself
  • projektai
    projektai Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake when I was in high school of eating only 500 to 600 calories every single day. Believe me, you feel like crap and the weight will keep tacking on, no matter what.

It's alright if it's one day, you can try a weekly goal if you'd like, but try to reach your goal every day. Just try, if you're within 100 or so calories, you're okay, but you shouldn't be so under. You'll really hurt yourself.
  • AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Another issue besides calories is making sure you got enough protein/vitamins/minerals today. Part of the reason it is important to eat your goal is that you need to have room to get enough of all of those things. Generally it isn't good to eat if you aren't hungry, but even if you don't FEEL hungry, your metabolism will slow down if your body isn't getting what it needs.

Eat something like avocado. Something with calories AND nutrients. Maybe it would be a good time to create a meal plan so you can design your meals ahead of time to make sure you are getting enough nutrients and calories.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    No. if you're not hungry then don't eat. Don't eat for the sake of eating. You can avg your cal out. Eat more on Sat.

How about eating for the sake of getting nutrients to your body? If people would quit thinking of food as some sort of toy that you only play with when you feel like it and think of it as actual fuel for their body to function, then maybe we wouldn't have so many issues?
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake when I was in high school of eating only 500 to 600 calories every single day. Believe me, you feel like crap and the weight will keep tacking on, no matter what.

It's alright if it's one day, you can try a weekly goal if you'd like, but try to reach your goal every day. Just try, if you're within 100 or so calories, you're okay, but you shouldn't be so under. You'll really hurt yourself.

I've also made this mistake. I lost weight at first, by my progress really stalled and I was exhausted all of the time. Try and eat at least your BMR.
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

Lots of ways:

-Drinking many calories per day (sugary drinks or alcohol)
    -Eating a lot of unsatisfying snack foods
    -Heavy reliance on eating out, or fast food, or packaged foods

Many people find that real food is a lot more filling than the junk they were eating previously. It takes some folks a week or so to get used to eating actual food instead of junk.

Then there are the people who have chronically undereaten and they really aren't feeling hunger pangs any more.

Another way is medication. That's how I gained all my weight. There's also pregnancy, or just flat out medical conditions (hypothyroidism).