Cologne? Perfume?

Options

Replies

• foxfirekenzie
    foxfirekenzie Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I personally am totally gagged when I smell perfume. Urrrgh! Just thinking of it now I am almost dry heaving! It seems like most people don't know that bathing in it is not the best idea. One spray, folks, just one.

On the other hand, I dated a guy once who wore Cool Water and every time I smell that it takes me right back to 15 years ago!

All I can say is less is more when it comes to scents on people.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I work with a woman who is very scent-sensitive, to the point where she will get migraines. She can tolerate food scents though, so I can wear body mists like peach, strawberry, chocolate and my fave, cotton candy. Monday is her usual day off so I can wear what I want then. Of course on the weekends it's PARTY TIME, lol! :wink:
  • carissa55
    carissa55 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I work with a woman who is very scent-sensitive, to the point where she will get migraines. She can tolerate food scents though, so I can wear body mists like peach, strawberry, chocolate and my fave, cotton candy. Monday is her usual day off so I can wear what I want then. Of course on the weekends it's PARTY TIME, lol! :wink:

I think its so respectful when people refrain from wearing scents that they know other people cant' handle. I think she probably really appreciates that. :) I know that I appreciate it when my friends remember not to wear scents. It's not that I don't like the smells, some are overpowering though, but my body just reacts badly. So thank you for doing that for the lady you work with. :)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    A timely pic:

funny-facebook-fails-easily-the-most-hilarious-way-to-misspell-cologne1.png
  • wattsj56
    Options
    I've worn Happy by Clinique since I can remember :).
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I have several different colognes but rarely wear any, just when I'm going out. Based on some of the comments here I'm thinking I need to wear it more often!

Current cologne is Polo Explorer
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I wear Versense by Versace...it smells wonderful. I also wear one made by Coach, but I can't remember the name...it's their newestscent...it smells amazing!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I wear DK's Cashmere Mist (winter) or DKNY Pure (summer) during the day and a tiny dot of Chanel No. 5 before before. I love perfume... love.

My husband wears YSL's L'Homme or La Nuit de L'Homme...... it's like bottled sex. I love it.
  • maddiec1989
    maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I usually wear poppy by coach. My ex bought me some ed hardy perfume in a pink bottle (not sure of the name) that also smells really nice if I want something light and fresh. On a man, any cologne by armani (acqua di gio, code, mania) smells amaziiing.
  • HurricaneElaine
    Options

I think its so respectful when people refrain from wearing scents that they know other people cant' handle. I think she probably really appreciates that. :) I know that I appreciate it when my friends remember not to wear scents. It's not that I don't like the smells, some are overpowering though, but my body just reacts badly. So thank you for doing that for the lady you work with. :)
    And thank YOU right back! :wink:
    I'm a perfume-lover but even *I* get a bad reaction from my own scents. More than one tiny spray of that chocolate mist and I actually get dizzy from it.
  • HurricaneElaine
    Options
    Hahaha - and now all the ads popping up at the side are for perfumes! LOL! :laugh:
  • sho3girl
    sho3girl Posts: 10,799 Member
    Options
    Hillary Duff with love
    Kenzo flowers
    Thissen Angel
    Happy
  • felicia_s
    Options
    Yes, my boyfriend wears cologne every day. I love it. He uses a few different ones, but my favorite is Drakkar. I usually only wear perfume when he is coming over (he's a truck driver and I only get to see him 4 to 6 times a month) and I use Red Door, which he really loves.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Sweet orange or a mix of lavendar and peppermint essential oils. They are straight from the plants and don't cause allergic reactions for my husband. He's allergic and I'm becoming sensitive to synthetic fragrances, as well. Some people must bathe in it, and then you walk through this cloud. Less is more! Do not reapply several times a day, especially in closed spaces like public bathrooms.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I don't wear a ton.
    But I like

All the Fresh scents
    Daisy- Marc Jacobs
    Stella-Stella McCartney
    Gucci-Flora (this is what I currently wear)

I'm very lighthanded with it, as I'm sensitive to too much smell.
  • Cassie8877
    Options
    Something About a man who smells amazing makes my day!! :) I love it!
  • lorig_2000
    lorig_2000 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    For the people who said they would still wear it at work if there was a person allergic, you would honestly put a person who has a life threatening allergy at risk? Nice.
  • lorig_2000
    lorig_2000 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

That nice that you are respectful like that.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    My favourite perfume is NOTHING. There are toxic ingredients in most perfume and it makes me sick, even though I'm not wearing it. I don't know why people think it's their right to wear tons of perfume when it affects the health of other people. I'm glad I live in a remote location where wearing perfume and makeup is considered stupid and weird (except by a handful of teenagers who are going crazy with the Axe).

When I was young, I used to wear tons of perfume and didn't know what other people's problem was and I didn't care. I felt entitled to do what I want. Now I get it. We have the right to do what we want until it hurts someone else.

However, there are natural oils (flowers, herbs, etc) out there that don't bother me one bit and they smell lovely.
  • MissDevin
    MissDevin Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    J'adore Dior.