Hairy Dieters....... Only!!!

Options

Replies

• Icedancer94
    Options
    Made the cheese, leek and onion pasties... delicious!
  • tracym22
    tracym22 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Spanish style chicken is lovely and so is the masala chicken, was 'fun' getting the skin off! My hubby didn't even realise i'd removed it, the herbs and spices create a great crust on both recipes.
  • fankyskag
    fankyskag Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing the book contains a lot of recipes that serve 4 and above. Are the recipes easy enough to cut down to make 1 or 2 portions? If need be I can always save the second portion for the next day.

Anyone? I'm itching to buy this on The Book People, but would just like to know if I'll actually be able to make anything from it without having to get people in to eat the rest!

Eat one portion, put one in the fridge for the next day, and freeze the rest.

Just use half of the ingredients, I personally can't see a problem with this book doing that. Halve the original ingredients and then half the whole recipe so that it is 2 equal portions.

Yes. Was just wondering if it had awkward ingredients where halving isn't really an option and you end up wasting a lot.
  • fankyskag
    Options
    I have to say every recipe i have had from the book has been gorgeous we are having salmon with chilli and ginger sauce tonight plus added veg

That sounds delicious! I'm not very keen on ginger, but might not mind it with a bit of chilli. Have ordered the book.
  • peter236uk
    peter236uk Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am not a great lover of ginger but you use stem gingers it was very nice
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: i tried the lasagne recipie it was a little wetter than normal tho not bad tasting...
  • MogwaisGrandma
    MogwaisGrandma Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I got my book the other day too and I cannot wait to get stuck into the recipes ( when I come back from my holiday in Cyprus)
  • Pandy1962
    Pandy1962 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I bought the book mid August from WH Smith paid £10.99 for it, Love the recipes am slowly working through them. We had the cooked breakfast, really yummy but put too much water cress on the plate though (they said half a bag so that is what I used) think they must have had a smaller bag than I bought. :-)

Not completely certain it was worth the amount I paid though as most of it is common sense and most people are buying it cheaper now maybe I should have waited...
  • Going4It85
    Options
    Changing the cheese sauce in the lasagne to philly light is most amazing will never go back now i'm in heaven!! cannot wait to buy the book and try out more receipes!!
  • PandaPop87
    Options
    It's on iplayer!!
    Watched them all & was amazed by the all round approach that the showed.
    Will be buying the book when I see it!
    My mate Liz was great on there......

I saw the book in Asda, I think it was about £10 :D might buy it myself!
  • crocal
    Options
    Many thanks for the code, book ordered :-)
  • Calderon46
    Calderon46 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Fantastic series. Must get cooking
  • peter236uk
    Options
    spanish chicken bake awesome so tasty
  • fankyskag
    Options
    My book came today! Looking forward to trying out the recipes. Has anyone done the planned week at the back of the book?
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    My book has arrived. Is it just me or does the lists of ingredients required seem very long? I get bored easily.....

Definitely want to try the granola recipe though. And the chicken and chorizo.
  • peter236uk
    Options
    Korma tonight gorgeous
  • peter236uk
    Options
    The wife made the mince and potato pies they are gorgeous and only 350 calories could not belive how tasty they are. The wife made 6 of them as the recipe so we can freeze 4.

I had some veg with mine
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    The Book People have this in stock for £4.99, use code OFFERSEP for free delivery.

"Due to unprecedented demand, this is due back in stock at the end of September".

Damn, just fancied having a go
  • fankyskag
    Options
    The wife made the mince and potato pies they are gorgeous and only 350 calories could not belive how tasty they are. The wife made 6 of them as the recipe so we can freeze 4.

I had some veg with mine

Thanks for letting us know about the recipes. Nice to hear that they are enjoyable, makes me more eager to try them!

I'm not surprised the book is sold out again, especially at that price.
  • fatboy_no8
    Options
    Been on the Hairy'sdiet now for nearly 6 weeks. Not due to measure up again until tomorrow and then weigh in on Friday but last week I had already lost over 2 stone and 7 inches off my portable, beer storage facility.

Have at least one of the recipes per day and have done loads from the book - my daughter did the meal planning for the next two weeks and has picked lots that we have not already tried.

All of them are great but perhaps the most impressive one is the carrot cake - impressive because I don't really do cake and I HATE carrot cake!

Si and Dave have inspired me to shake off the excess weight and I am hoping that by the time their tour gets to us (and I'll have been doing the diet for just over three months) my weight loss will be as impressive (or even more?) than their's.

Other tips - being a techie I found this site and plot weight and measurements on a spreadsheet (that plots a lovely graph and I have it showing a moving trend line so I can see where my weight should be over the coming weeks).

Keep up the good work folks and enjoy the real food the Bikers have to offer.