Ginger.

Options
I have some (slightly less than) fresh ginger in my fridge from a recipe a few weeks ago.

I'm assuming it's still good (it's not growing anything on it) so does anyone have some good recipes containing ginger?

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Gingers have no soul.
  • carole90245
    Options
    Simmer the ginger cut in pieces in water. Your taste will tell you how much. Make extra strength, and then add water, and heat as ginger tea, or pour over ice for a refreshing pepper-upper. Excellent for diabetics.

Grate a small amount on salad.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Gingers have no soul.

made me laugh out loud. Well played.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Removed.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Fresh ginger is yummy grated up in stir fry!
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I use it in this beef stir fry and it's suuuuper tasty. Making again next week!

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/spicy-beef-bell-pepper-stir-fry-10000001988559/
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Cut it up and or grate it and use it to marinade something. Like these ginger-soy-lime marinated shrimp: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/ginger-soy-lime-marinated-shrimp-recipe/index.html
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    Gingers have no soul.

I don't get it..my little nephew says that all the time..
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Gingers have no soul.

South Park. (Or did it start before that?).

demotivational-posters-ginger-club-meeting.jpg
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Stir fry would be perfect... I also have a chicken soup with ginger, garlic, sherry, sriracha, broth and swiss chard that's delicious.

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/hawaiian_ginger_chicken_stew.html
  • lukeevans85
    lukeevans85 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Gingers have no soul.

It's some stupid joke that's been going around for awhile. Apparently it's funny to make an entire group of people feel unwanted. Actually I'm pretty sure that's happened before...ya know...like in America from the 1700's through the mid 1900's...or in Germany in the 1930's and 40's.

And before the people who make the jokes get their panties in a bunch...no I'm not a ginger. Nor is anyone in my family. I'm simply defending them because this joke is stupid.
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    Ah gotcha, very intelligent!
  • tomomatic
    Options
    Removed.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Gingers have no soul.

and I'm coming for your's.. :devil: :devil:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Gingers have no soul.

It's some stupid joke that's been going around for awhile. Apparently it's funny to make an entire group of people feel unwanted. Actually I'm pretty sure that's happened before...ya know...like in America from the 1700's through the mid 1900's...or in Germany in the 1930's and 40's.

And before the people who make the jokes get their panties in a bunch...no I'm not a ginger. Nor is anyone in my family. I'm simply defending them because this joke is stupid.

I make fun of everyone equally. Laughter keeps you young and burns calories.

If I put a cucumber in my water, do I still log it as 'water' or do I log it as 'cucumber'? So confused...
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    Aw, that's sad. Hope the joke dies before my kids start going to school!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    CITRUS GINGER GREEN TEA

1 1-inch piece of ginger peeled and sliced
    1 orange thinly sliced, leaving the peel on
    1 lemon thinly sliced, leaving the peel on
    2 family size green tea bags (8 single bags)
    1 tablespoon honey or to taste (optional)

Heat 1 qt of water with ginger slices to just boiling. Remove from heat and add tea bags, steep for 3-4 minutes. Add the fruit slices and steeped tea to a gallon pitcher. Let stand about 10-15 minutes, then add honey and stir. Add enough ice and cold water to fill the pitcher.

Taste will be stronger the second day. Rub fruit slices against the back of a slotted spoon to release some juices.

ASIAN COLESLAW

1/3 cup orange marmalade
    1/4 cup rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 tablespoon sesame oil
    1 1/2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 bag (16 oz) coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
    4 medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)

1. In large bowl, mix all ingredients except coleslaw mix and onions until well blended. Stir in coleslaw mix and onions.
    2. Cover; refrigerate at least 30 minutes to blend flavors but no longer than 24 hours.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Here is an awesome recipe I just tried last night! She doesn't list serving so, so you could do this as 2 servings. I doubled up so my husband and I could have extra, but it is awesome and it takes some ginger:

http://www.epicureanbb.com/post/28476886999/stir-fried-general-tsos-chicken
  • tomomatic
    Options
    Aw, that's sad. Hope the joke dies before my kids start going to school!

I think it's gotten old already but I see your point. Someone definitely took it too far when they started the "Kick a ginger day" campaign on Facebook a few years back. One high school suspended 25 kids for their participation.

btw, Ginger tea is really good. Especially when the weather gets cold.