Hello! Insulin Resistant with 60 Pounds to Lose!

Options
Hello! I've been using MFP for awhile but this is my first foray into the community. Just want to say hello!

i'm 35, insulin resistant and just failed at a medically supervised, high protein diet (it caused a temporary heart issue). I'm now following a nutrition plan for insulin resistance and working with a personal trainer.

Looking forward to following everyone's success stories!

Replies

• ShannonGo
    Options
    Well, I am 30, with 63lbs to lose (26.4 down) and I am on a plan with a dietitian that is 1:1 carb to protein ratio (my diet is 40-40-20). I started on my own at the end of April and then started with the dietitian on June 1. I lost 9lbs on my own, but 17+ since June.

But you know all this :happy: I'm super happy that you're on a plan like mine! I think you can do it. I'm always here for you!!!
  • SkinnyBitch624
    Options
    I heart you! Can't wait to get a "pounds lost" banner :)

I'm actually having trouble eating enough. Hunger is totally manageable and it's becoming tough to get the calories in.
  • aschaldecker
    Options
    for the "pounds lost banner" go to the "TOOLS" tab at the top and then go to "tickers" you can make one there.
    I'm just starting, too, We can do this!!!!
  • iryshjones
    iryshjones Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Well, I am 30, with 63lbs to lose (26.4 down) and I am on a plan with a dietitian that is 1:1 carb to protein ratio (my diet is 40-40-20). I started on my own at the end of April and then started with the dietitian on June 1. I lost 9lbs on my own, but 17+ since June.

But you know all this :happy: I'm super happy that you're on a plan like mine! I think you can do it. I'm always here for you!!!

i too signed on with a dietician .... best thing i ever did! I was stuck at same weight for months ... now i am losing steadily. It is great to have an expert to on board to answer all your questions and come up with good meal suggestions :)
  • violentbeauty
    Options
    I have PCOS not sure if i am insulin resistant. I am 27 years old i have 20 Lbs to lose. I wish you the best of luck! You can do it! :)