Sweepstakes/Lottery

Options
AmberFaith90
AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
I'm curious to see if anybody else enters sweepstakes and/or the lottery? I haven't entered the lottery YET, but I do enter sweepstakes/giveaways. The biggest thing I won was a $200 Step2 play kitchen for my daughter . I've also won numerous $50 Walmart/Target/etc giftcards that come in handy with diapers and baby food.

If you do enter, what're some of your favorite wins?
Also, if you won the lottery, what all would you purchase? Would you invest in it or would you blow it all?

:bigsmile:

Replies

• lyssamichelle
    lyssamichelle Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I have yet to win anything.. But I think if I keep entering giveaways & such, one day I'll get lucky!
    If I won the lottery... I'd put it towards singing lessons & acting classes..
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    last year i was very into entering sweepstakes online and getting free samples. i won quite a few things, nothing giant money, but i loved having stuff show up in the mail so much fun. i have stopped doing it lately, i guess i just got tired of it and there are so many people entering these things now. as for the lottery, i usually do not play it but i will definitely be buying a ticket tomorrow. Our states is up to 540 million.
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I bought a few Mega Millions tickets. The prize is up to a half a BILLION $$$.
    Never won anything meaningful.
    I would pay off my relatives debts (so they could get in debt again), invest, travel, buy classic cars, quit my job, do volunteer work and help random less-fortunate people.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Getting tickets tomorrow. And I have my Island all picked out. And some cars too. And a mini mansion for the pooches. :happy:
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'd buy a house for myself, a house for my mom, a nice mommy van, and put about $20k in my daughter's college fund. Then the rest just use on normal people stuff, haha.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    every now and again when the powerball gets stupid high, I get the urge to get some tickets. but I never do. Im such a cheapskate and despise the idea of wasting my money or time.
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I rarely enter contest however I occasionally purchase lottery tickets.

I would take the yearly pay out in order to have a continual stream of income. Each year I'd give away half of the money to charities/ people who are in need after of course paying my tithes and offerings to the church I love.

Hopefully I would be able to start a K - 12 Christian School in my community at an affordable "private" school price, establish the family homeless shelter my wife and I have dreamed of, and last but not least investments and a sustainable business.

What about you?
  • AnneMK5
    AnneMK5 Posts: 110
    Options
    Oh man... to win the MegaMillions....
    New cars for me and the hubby and mom-in-law (we all live together), College funds for the kids plus the one who is already in college, finish the remodel and clean up of our house (hire professionals to do it, lol... and add on a home gym!!!), take care of my parents financial woes, pay off my bff's house for her.....
    oh the list goes on and on
  • xonicolette
    xonicolette Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I usually dont play the lottery or anything for that matter. Only once in awhile if the prize is huge. Today, I defiantily bought a bunch of tickets for the MegaMillions! 680 million!!! Crossing my fingers.

I dont even know where I would begin to use that money. I'd probably buy a brand new car first!! and then a house :)
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Never really won anything of any significance.
    But on my 19th birthday, I bought my first scratch-lotto ticket and won $100. I was pretty excited that day :)
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I only play a charity lottery, for a chance to win £1000 every week. I've won £10 on it twice. There are ten £10 winners each week, one £50 winner, one £100 winner and one £1000 winner.

If I were to play the national lottery (and I wouldn't - I see it as a huge waste of money), and if I ended up winning, most would go to charity. I'd want a house for myself and my fiance, so we could live rent-free for the rest of our lives, and I'd want to get a holiday cottage to own and run.

Other than that, just £70 to finish my children's novel and get it to publishing point. The rest, I'd store in a bank account and use gradually to help those less fortunate.
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Man, this thread is dead, but I'm bringing it back!

My favourite wins? Jake Owen tickets, Kindle Fire, $3,500, Power of A Man book, tickets to go ice skating, Six Flags Tickets, Year Gym Membership.

What about you?!
  • Hoover8it
    Hoover8it Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    In 1992 I won a Jeep Wrangler from a contest I entered. The gift tax was around 3 thousand dollars and I had to have plates and insurence before I could pull it off the lot. It was from the Miller Cold Patrol sweepstakes.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I won the inheritance of a Nigerian prince a few months ago. Sent them my SSN, a $1000 check and my banking information to deposit the money into.

Still haven't seen a dime:(
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    The only time I ever purchase a lotto ticket is when the jackpot is super high which is probably once every few years because I don't actually pay attention to it.

Other than that I think the lottery is a tax on idiots.
  • HisHarmony
    Options
    Man, this thread is dead, but I'm bringing it back!

My favourite wins? Jake Owen tickets, Kindle Fire, $3,500, Power of A Man book, tickets to go ice skating, Six Flags Tickets, Year Gym Membership.

What about you?!

Jake Owen tickets and Kindle Fire were for me! And /I/ won the $3.500 my dear!!
  • HisHarmony
    Options
    I won the inheritance of a Nigerian prince a few months ago. Sent them my SSN, a $1000 check and my banking information to deposit the money into.

Still haven't seen a dime:(

PLEASE tell me you're kidding!!