Diet Makeover Needed!

Options
Well, I've been on a weight loss kick since October 2009. I managed to lose 10 pounds in the first month and a half just by diet change. But, I knew I had a bigger goal. So, I started to exercise. I joined 24 hour fitness and went to a spin class several times a week. I added in some more cardio before spin. Then, added in weight lifting a few days a week.

All was great, the scale and I were getting along. Until about two weeks ago, school started. I can't find a balance for school, work, and exercise. I still use MFP daily to track my food intake, but finding time to exercise has been difficult. I'm not much of a morning person, but the AM is the only time available for squeezing in a workout. The evenings are designated for homework.

I am 23 years young, and I feel like I've made a huge accomplishment by losing 18 pounds thus far. But, I'm at a bump in the road. I need some advice or motivation. I have 12 more pounds to lose and they just are refusing to come off. I may need another diet makeover. I would love to hear what others eat in a day. I usually eat the same thing, and it is getting really old!

Advice anyone? Tips, tricks, anything!

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to tell you as far as diet goes, but you're so close to your goal! Being so close, you should find a way to achieve it at all costs. You can do it, and it will be worth it!
  • cchildr
    Options
    This has helped me. I just keep a jumprope in our family room. I just jumprope here and there when I need a break from something else I am doing. Granted we have tall ceilings though. Kim
  • sln2789
    sln2789 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what you are eating now to offer diet advice. I will say that I had to work out in the morning too and videos became my new best friends. I use "Amy Bento's Hi Lo Extreme" which kicks butt and I just recently started "P90X". They are both big calorie burners. Another trick I've tried is doing squats, crunches, lunges or anything you can fit in (get a band or jump rope) during commercial breaks or a few minutes of down time. Every calorie counts.
  • tkain
    tkain Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! As you plan your workouts for the week, challenge yourself to step outside the box of your exercise "comfort zone". I love working out in the morning! I know it is hard to get up and moving, but once you're at the gym you will be so glad you did it! Also, venture into other classes or exercise forums. I always found that if I hit a plateau and struggled with the scale, it was time to change my workout routine and my body began to change too! Exercising in the morning is a great way to jump start your metabolism, plus you will feel good all day! Good Luck! :smile: