Need snack ideas

Options
Hey everyone--
So my dietician just increase a 200-calorie snack to a 360 calorie snack to help me gain weight. For my 200 cal snack I was doing bagel or shredded wheats or something and now I am so lost on what to do. I really want it to be healthy but can't seem to think of anything to do that. Like I have some mini baguettes that are 300 some odd calories but also have 600 mg sodium and it doesn't seem healthy or normal to eat a whole one. Some may say I have orthorexia (I am recovering from an ED actually and doing very well thanks), but I just like to eat healthy.
Also, I can't process animal fats and have a mild lactose intolerance so can't do greek yogurts. Also can't have a lot of soy.

Replies

• kristi27278
    kristi27278 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could do 2 200 calorie snacks a day? I'm sorry I can't give you anymore suggestions, my snacks are all low calorie, but like i said maybe you could do one mid morning one in the afternoon or whatever works for you, i wish you well, take care
  • AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Avocado is great. Tasty on its own or on toast. They are high in healthy fats so they are also high in calories. I normally only get a few slices for a low calorie snack but a whole medium avocado is around 250 calories.
  • LyneLM
    LyneLM Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    A piece of fruit with nuts; protein bars (ones you could tolerate); roasted chick peas; bean salad (1/2 cup drained canned beans with a bit of oil, salt, pepper and seasoning - the options are endless); date or fig bars; fresh dates. For now, that's what I could think of.
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Suggestions:

1) 2 oz (2 servings, 56 grams total) unsalted, dry roasted peanuts --> 320 calories

2) 1 oz (28 grams) unsalted, dry roasted peanuts + 2 oz (56 grams) raisins --> 328 calories

3) 2 Tbsp (33 g) peanut butter + 1 large banana + 1 rice cake --> 200 + 110 + 35 --> 345 calories

4) 2 Tbsp (33 g) peanut butter + 1/2 cup (40 g) oatmeal --> 200 + 150 --> 350 calories

5) Nutella + 1/2 cup (40 g) oatmeal --> 350 calories

6) Mini bagel + Peanut butter (or Nutella) + 1/2 oz (14 g) raisins --> 360
  • stephaniec78
    stephaniec78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I would suggest multigrain pita chips and higher calorie veggies (such as carrots) with hummus. This may not get you to the exact calorie count but if you have multiple smaller snacks it may work. Plus its super healthy and very tasty.