how to fail

Options

Replies

• BarbellBlondieRuns
    Options
    Thanks for reposting! I didn't catch it before.
  • hunterman95
    hunterman95 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great read & funny stuff. I can relate to a lot of it (especially the..."make you want to drop-kick a puppy" line!). LOL

Thanks for posting!
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    great article!...adding the blog to my favs.

since im not on mfp 24/7 and things move fast around here, totally missed this one yesterday.

I feel like i'm on mfp 24/7 and I missed it posted here
  • fithealthygirl
    fithealthygirl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Love it, thanks!
  • ahelland21
    ahelland21 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    LOVE. Thanks for sharing! :)
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    bump! Love this
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Wasn't this posted... like... yesterday?

"How to fail... with instructions!"

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/731316-how-to-fail-with-instructions?hl=how+to+fail

I suppose it was, well if five more people read it today that didn't see it yesterday, no big deal. Please don't call the forum police on me for reposting some useful information. Now run along, if you are busting reposts you have some work to do.

Ha!
  • Nukkers
    Nukkers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Loved it! It make me smile.
  • Esther50
    Options
    Wow, everything is so true as to how I was. But those days are gone, I am working on the right way. Hard but I will succeed this time, to chane my life of those everyday bad habits.
    Thanks so much.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    that's awesome! and, not to mention, it's practical for any success in any part of life (ie: set goals, be specific, don't make excuses)

and this part 4) Change workout plans as often as possible. Don’t stick with a good plan for 6-12 weeks (or even longer if it’s working). Be sure to freak out after two weeks when you don’t see drastic changes, and then pick another plan that promises even better results. The faster the freak out, the more quickly you can move on to the next routine!

that was me, for sure (and I still have to fight myself not to think this way)

slow and steady wins the race!
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Excellent post. *BUMP*
  • rcalvert1
    rcalvert1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this! I will *definitely* check out the blog :smile:
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    slow and steady wins the race!

Exactly, what's the hurry? We all want to be at our ideal healthy weight. Take your time and enjoy the ride learn about how food works with your body. Just think about all the useless information that's floating around in your brain. Why not take this time and learn about basic nutrition? Then pass this knowledge on to your children, parents, friends everyone you know. Not a day goes by where a coworker doesn't asks me about dieting and exercise. Most of them don't want to hear proper nutrition and exercise. Only one of the 50 or so guys in my department has made any changes. But maybe he will get one other person to start living healthy and so on and so on.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    If you're guilty of number 8, you're screwed no matter if you do everything else right.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    This is the one forum in the entirety of the internet where repeat posts are accepted as a good thing to do. MMT.

23471605.jpg
  • SashaMegan
    SashaMegan Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    A post to remember.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    ****ing love this!!!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Wasn't this posted... like... yesterday?

"How to fail... with instructions!"

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/731316-how-to-fail-with-instructions?hl=how+to+fail
    Soooo, did you have something useful to contribute? Or......?

OP - great post. You're right that it will fall on deaf ears for those who need it most, but it's great advice that bears repeating.