Help for a newby :)

Options
Hi Guys, Ive just joined and need some clarification if possible please.

I weigh 284 pounds (129 kilo). 5"9
BMR = 2027. MFP states my net is 1780 per day, 2530 with a deficit of 750 to lose 1 1/2 pounds per week with 20 mins walk per day.
I am consuming on average 1400 cals per day, is this too low, will i lose any weight? or should i be eating 1780 per day to lose the weight???
I earn 177 extra for my walking. im confused doh!!!!
please help if you can x

Replies

• laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I can't anwser all questions-just speak for myself and what I found that works-MFP says I should eat around 1330 cals a day but I kept myself at between 1200-1300-I do not add the extra calories to my day when I work out-I figure that is the extra push I am giving myself. So far I have lost about 20+ lbs following this plan. I also know that it has taken me many years (30+) to get this size and am giving myself at least 3-4 years to take the weight off. I could probably be one of those people who loose it in 10 months if I really set my mind to it-but the way I am doing this is to relearn how to eat-make correct choices and don't beat myself up when I don't loose a pound a week, this way I think I will take the weight off and keep it off. Good luck to you and you have already made a great choice by joining this site.
  • emnk5308
    Options
    1400 is just fine if you aren't hungry! =)
  • jchizick
    jchizick Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Looks good, try it out for a week or 2. Drink lots of water it's a natural appetite suppressant, it will help with the food cravings. Eat clean foods and manage your macros. good luck
  • melpop8
    melpop8 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your thoughts x
  • RiversideBabe
    RiversideBabe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    this post helped me figure out those numbers