Measurements

Options
Can anyone help with where exactly should we measure for waist, hips, and neck? ....I think mine all roll into one...lol :smile:

Replies

• sneakysneaker
    sneakysneaker Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm not sure about the neck measurement (maybe at the mid-point?) but waist is usually at the belly button and hips at the hip joints (a few inches below the belly button). I have been tracking bust/waist/hip/thigh and they fluctuate quite a bit. Sometimes I'll be down weight but up in measurements.

s.
  • wclassy
    wclassy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks...so much, ill give it a shot.
  • AGreen54
    AGreen54 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    what about thighs? I want to measure them but I'm not sure where.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    what about thighs? I want to measure them but I'm not sure where.

I measure them at the largest part.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I think that's normal when we are overweight. I don't worry about what is "right" as much as I worry about being consistent. I also take extra measurements. I always measure my hips at the widest point (where the reading is the highest). For my waist, I measure the narrowest point. But, I also measure the widest point of each roll (Yes, I had more than one when I stated, but I'm a lot closer to one now than when I started). Hope that makes sense and no one I know reads this.
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I don't know much about measuring, but I was once told that to measure your waist you have to bend to the side...and where you bend is where your waist is. I have no idea if that is true...but I figured I would through it out there.
  • missemily1124
    Options
    Just be consistent. If you measure at the belly button today, measure at the belly button next time. Simple as that.
  • printererror
    printererror Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Since I'm picture person, here;s a nifty diagram if you scroll down a little

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-get-your-body-measurements.html