Determined To Change

Options
Hi there,

My name is Ashley. I have been on this site on and off for about a year but have failed at keeping up with it.. So I'm here to try again. I recently graduated from school and got a great job so now I'm focusing on getting me into shape. I've been slacking on me the past couple years and now I'm determined. I joined a new gym... and started a new health food kick. It's time to make a lifestyle change. So I would love to have some friends to help me along the way. Feel free to add me and we can work on our weightloss goals together :)

Replies

• kittyraj
    kittyraj Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I too have been on and off but now tired of being fat.

Hope we both stay motivated and see results.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • formercouchpotato0812
    Options
    I'm a "former couch potato" who was out of breath after taking a shower last winter(298 lbs). All my good numbers were going down and my bad numbers were creeping up. Well, last spring my doctor said, "you've got to start loosing weight or your going to be a diabetic. My BMI was in the high 30's and on Memorial Day I made a decision. . . .

I gave up all processed snack and accessory foods, started eating more fresh vegtables, fell back in love with fresh fruit and good water. I also quit the "coffee club" at work (it was making me hungry for junk food) and now I drink Herb tea and bottled water during my work day. I like Dr. Mark Hayman's(The Blood Sugar Solution) motto, "If it comes from a plant(processed) don't eat it but if it grows from a plant enjoy." I even switched over to Agave Nectar instead of sugar or the substitutes. I'm feeling better and am coming down in shirt sizes, from a 3X to a 2X.

It can be done folks, if this old senior can do it, you can! Stick with it. "Inch by inch life's a cinch, but by the yard it's too darn hard." Take it one day at a time. Also, loging my food intake really helps, it's hard to lie to yourself. Isn't it? :)
  • ambermac2012
    Options
    Hey I'm Amber! :)
    I just started about 10 days ago, I've lost 5 pounds - and it feels wonderful.
    I'm only 20, and i'm not severely obese but I'm wanting to lose some weight. :)
    I'm from Texas but I moved to Utah for school! I'm excited for a new me.

xoxo
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Great job on taking the first step to your weight loss!

When you log into your work computer, I'd recommend always having this website in a tab. It's just a quick reminder why you shouldnt go to the vending machine, or have seconds on that birthday cake.

Friend request sent, and anyone else is free to add me :)
  • ashleyrose90
    ashleyrose90 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for being so encouraging! I forgot how much I loved this website LOL. I have added all of you and am looking forward to working on weightloss together. :)