What is the best brand and type of yogurt besides plain?

Options
I've had a nurse tell me once that she preferred Tillamook. It has quite a bit more calories than Lite and Fit.

With Lite and Fit I don't feel like I'm getting the right nutrients.

Anyone have any suggestions on what they prefer and or suggest.?

Thanks!

Replies

• EmilyStrick
    Options
    if you have a trader joe's near you, they have good yogurt that has only natural ingredients, and they have low-fat vanilla that is really yummy! mixed with granola and blueberries....awesome.
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I like Yoplait original. It is about 170 cal...so not a low calorie snack. I hate fat free yogurt because I think it tastes like crap. I don't care for the thick and creamy either.

When I eat something I want it to feel like a treat and I want it to taste good. It only has 1.5g fat in it ...
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I really like Stonyfield organic yogurt. It has a lot of sugar- but I just get the plain and add blueberries or strawberries/kiwis/cherries/etc for fewer calories and sugar than most pre-mixed.
  • barbara12
    Options
    love "Source"! vanillia tango Yum! 35calories can't beat it!
  • zeala
    zeala Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    huge huge fan of Chobani. It comes in many flavors. The vanilla has the least calories, 120 , while the others range between 140 and 160. It's more than the others, but it;s natural greek yogurt. Far more filling and without all that artificial crap.
  • SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Stoneyfield farms is my favorite. I try to eat as organic as possible, especially when it comes to dairy. I like the blueberry the best but all the flavors are really good and nutritious.
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of The Greek Gods Honey - I use it as a treat - i love that all of the ingredients are natural (nothing I can't pronounce or identify) I've been so discouraged by the amount of chemicals in so many brands, and the ones that are low fat hit you with sugars. The Greek style yogurt is very high in protein which makes what I use as a treat a real filler. It is a little higher in calories but I don't feel the need to eat anything with it so that balances out.
  • MichelleZB
    Options
    Dannon Activia - Light Fat Free-Vanilla Yogurt is my favorite! I eat it almost everyday.
  • Rainster
    Options
    I found a brand called "Siggi's" at Whole Foods.
    It's Icelandic-style yogurt, which is a bit more like Greek yogurt than what most people are used to. It's very low in sugar and carbs but high in protein. It's much thicker than typical yogurt because it's strained multiple times, so there is almost no water left. And there are lots of probiotics and all that good-for-you stuff, too.

It is more expensive than other brands, but because it's so thick, I've found that I can eat half the container and be full.
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    a lot of yall mentioned "greek" yogurt. The following questions might make me look like a dieting idiot, but... what is that?!?
  • Rainster
    Options
    it's just a different strain of yogurt which makes it a lot thicker and creamier than typical yogurt. It can also be a lot higher in fat, so look for low-fat versions. It can be difficult to find at local supermarkets, so if you can't find it at your usual store try looking at a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods.
  • MereBear_81
    MereBear_81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Fage greek yogurt! Both the 0% fat (90 calories per serving) and the 2% fat (130 calories per serving) are creamy and delicious. I add a little agave nectar to them since they aren't flavored. Yum!
  • brittvdub_09
    Options
    Dannon just came out with Greek yogurt. If you add a little honey, it tastes awesome! They also have Greek yogurt with fruit on the bottom. It is to die for! And it has less sugar and more protein compared to most other yogurts.
  • bajangrl29
    bajangrl29 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is higher in protein and definitely has a creamier consistency. Fage is a great brand and some do come with fruit at the bottom. They are definitely more expensive to purchase running around 1.69 per container but they are delish.

hth,
    Michelle