URGENT- please help!!!

Options
PLEASE help me!!
I am craving all kinds of food...chocolate especially...and i couldnt get a good workout today, as i have hurt my leg..so i cant afford to eat any extra food!!

What can i do to distract myself, its weigh day tomorrow, and i dont want to ruin it!!!

Replies

• BamaRose0107
    Options
    When I crave chocolate I mix low calorie sugar free mocha mix in hot water. It taste sweet and has a little bit of the chocolate flavor. I also chew gum so I don't snack.
  • tobebetter
    Options
    if you are at work now, chew gum! when you get home, eat more fruit and vegs with high fiber. brush your teeth right after eat then chew gum again. go to bed early if you can to avoid any food contact. Ask yourself if it's worth it to eat, what is more important: food for now or longer happy life later? good luck!
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    Thanks for your replies...the choc mini eggs are calling me from the fridge!!
    I am going to have a cuppa in a sec, try and fill me up!
  • claire30
    Options
    Please, can anyone help!
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    chocolate soy milk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Try cleaning your teeth! Sometimes I find that puts me off wanting to eat too!
  • faile486
    faile486 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Even if you've hurt your leg you might still be able to do a bit of a workout, too, if that'll help with cravings. Something as simple as lifting weights (use soup cans if you don't have any) might make you feel better = )

For distraction against cravings, I play video games like Rock Band. If you're playing the drums, it's still a decent workout and you really can't think about anything but playing.
  • arasm
    arasm Posts: 65
    Options
    Choc. Jello pudding!! quick, easy & low cal!!
  • claire30
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
    I am going to make a cuppa, or maybe a hot choc.....
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    If I want something that bad I satisfy the craving to prevent binging on foods I don't really want. Blow it...but don't blow it too badly!

This is what I do: 1 cup skim milk
    3 tbs hershey cocoa powder
    2 tbs sugar
    1/2 tsp vanilla
    dash salt
    For about 220 calories this is very chocolatey and rich in antioxidants. Satisfies a craving much better than pre-packaged crap that is not near as chocolaty and is swimming in high fructose corn syrup. It is higher in calories, though. Real cocoa is known to be a appetite suppressant and is used in many dieting products :)

Cheers!
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Call your cable company. You will be put on hold. The music that you listen to, will make you lose your appetite. :sick:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Easiest place for me to get rid of cravings is to get on this site and start reading---responding to others threads etc. I can distract myself for WAYYYYYY tooooo long.....then if I still NEED some I have a stash of really good dark chocolate...one square for 60 cal and I'm ok.
  • nikkia75
    Options
    Mini eggs are just 15 calories each why not work out how many you can have and have them.... ie 10 = 150 cals

its best to have something small like that when you crave it because otherwise you are more likely to fail.

:flowerforyou:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Call your cable company. You will be put on hold. The music that you listen to, will make you lose your appetite. :sick:

What a great idea....I like the way you think.
    :devil:
  • claire30
    Options

lol, thats funny!!
  • claire30
    Options
    Mini eggs are just 15 calories each why not work out how many you can have and have them.... ie 10 = 150 cals

its best to have something small like that when you crave it because otherwise you are more likely to fail.

:flowerforyou:

I have already eaten 12 today..and i cant eat anymore!:grumble:
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options

What a great idea....I like the way you think.
    :devil:

Thanks guys, a laugh is better than chocolate. (And Zero cals):laugh:
  • claire30
    Options
    lol panicatthebuffet!!
    maybe i can laugh away those cravings for mini eggs!!
  • scottekohl
    Options
    For a healthier chocolate snack try Emerald Cocoa Roasted almonds. 6 Protein, 6 carb, 13 fat (but good fat).

Cheap processed milk chocolate will keep you going back for a chocolate fix which will add a ton of calories from the sugar. Perhaps try a dark chocolate (65-70%). You'll get a stronger fix and not need to eat a lot.

Long-term you might consider acupuncture. I used to have cravings for sugar snacks and the acupuncture helped. Also making sure you get the correct balance of protein to fat to carbs helps to end cravings.
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    :
    [/quote]

I have already eaten 12 today..and i cant eat anymore!:grumble:
    [/quote]

CLAIRE OMG Its weigh day tomorrow, no more now :noway: