Disappointment

Options
Hi all,

I just needed a boost really. I have stuck to my 1200 cals all week and I've been taking my 3and 4 year old out in the double buggy for walks all week. Yesterday I went on a massive walk with them too. Most people said I was crazy I walked that far. I've also been doing 100 sit ups every morning and doing lunges. So why oh why have I put a pound on?? It's so disheartening when you work so hard and you don't see the results. I do go to the gym too so it just seems so unfair :0(

Replies

• AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Have you been drinking water?

That really sounds like a lot of exercise, but it usually takes some time to catch up with your body so you will probably lose weight from it. But maybe you've also gained a bit of muscle?
  • aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    ARe you eating back your exercise calories. If not I'd say that you need to. YOu will be busy with your 2 babes and need to fuel your body. Honestly I found when I increased my intake by 100-200 I lost more. Also what TOM is it .... we often put on a little "water and salt" weight just before TOM. Maybe you are gaining muscle. How do your clothes feel? Sometimes that is the real teller not the scales. Also maybe weigh less often??
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    You've got to give your self more time to see those results. A week is not sufficient. any weight you see today is more than likely not directly reflective of the food you ate or the exercises you did yesterday.

Just as you didn't gain it overnight, it's not going to come off overnight.
  • jazee11
    jazee11 Posts: 321
    Options
    The scale is only one way to measure things. Take some pics. ( I have not yet done this) Back, front and side. Also, mark down your measurements and go by how your clothing fits. It's hard to not let the scale dictate our mood.
    Keep plugging away, you will get there.
  • MiCool90
    MiCool90 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Open up your diary and let's take a look
  • mommypenney
    Options
    Thanks everybody I'll keep at it. I've lost 3 stone since having the children but this last 2 stone is really giving me jip!
    Its not the TOTM so it can't be that.
    How do I open up my diary?