I need help!!!! :(

Options
2»

Replies

• sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I would say netting. But that depends on whether you eat your exercise calories or not -- and that's a debate in and of itself

By the way, your blog=amazing! :) Thanks

Aww thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoy it!
  • msgabismit
    Options
    Thank you so much, Ani. I really don't have a lot of support. My friends just don't understand this but they are all mostly skinny, so of course they wouldn't. They've never had to work for anything a day in their life, while life is slowly trying to kick my butt. I'm determined though. It's been two weeks only and I feel great. Yes, I may not have lost anything but I see definition in my legs as well as other places and that keeps me going. Plus, people like you keep me motivated. Thank you for the kind words of encouragement. :)
  • msgabismit
    Options
    I would say netting. But that depends on whether you eat your exercise calories or not -- and that's a debate in and of itself

By the way, your blog=amazing! :) Thanks

Aww thank you so much! I'm so glad you enjoy it!

I have it bookmarked just in case I need to go back to it. And I've commented on it. I have one as well but it was for my study abroad..and now it's used for my rants about exercising and diet. lol
  • msgabismit
    Options
    By the way, very happy today. Bought a kitchen scale. :)
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    BMR? Calorie counting? I'm so green, it's not even funny..

I am at 162lbs now. I am trying to lose 30-40 lbs. 30 is my goal and then I will assess and see if I need to lose more. I work out 5 days a week for 45 minutes of walking/jogging/running. I also lift on selected days (one day full body, one day just legs, etc)
    Each 45 minutes on the treadmill burns 400-500 calories, depending on the intensity of the slope, etc. Right now, my goal is set up to lose 2 lbs a week which is making me intake 1200 calories. My BMR is 1476. So I am confused.. I've only been at this for two weeks (this is my second week), so of course I see no progress yet. Is it better for me if I move it to 1lb a week and why? I've read so many of your topics on this, but I figured I'd ask to clarify it better for myself.

Please buy a good heart rate monitor like a Polar and use it when you work out - it takes the information about you height, weight, sex, age and heart rate and gives you an accurate calorie burn rate - unless you are really big you are not buring 400-500 calories on a tread mill for 45 miutes.

I work out on a variable slope progam for cardio - intensity 2 or 3 for 30 minute and my HRM 198 calories burnt
    When I use my rowing machine for 30 minutes I burn 250 ish
  • msgabismit
    Options
    I walk on the highest slope at fast walking speed. But maybe..thanks.
    I have another stupid question..My BMR is 1476...my TDEE is 2280 something..take off 300-500 calories off the TDEE is what I should net for my calories...so I stay in the 1700-1900 range. Now, why is it when I complete my food diary and it tells me what I should weigh in 5 weeks, it's so discouraging..only ranging a pound or two below what I am now (162)..or even a pound or two ABOVE???
  • msgabismit
    Options

Please buy a good heart rate monitor like a Polar and use it when you work out - it takes the information about you height, weight, sex, age and heart rate and gives you an accurate calorie burn rate - unless you are really big you are not buring 400-500 calories on a tread mill for 45 miutes.

I work out on a variable slope progam for cardio - intensity 2 or 3 for 30 minute and my HRM 198 calories burnt
    When I use my rowing machine for 30 minutes I burn 250 ish

My slope is between 13-15 (15 being the highest) and the speed is always 3.5-3.9...fast walking.
  • Stixe
    Options
    Hi

Everyone keeps talking about proteins. Medical industry are now changing their view on proteins and body health. Proteins may help weight loss, but they help the body to create more free radicals and therefore higher risk of disease. Everything in moderation. Proteins are high density (in my understanding) and take a lot of processing to breakdown and therefore fill you up for longer, hence the past understanding for using proteins to help lose weight. (There are plant proteins that take a lot less for the body to break down but still fill you up for longer - not sure what impact this has on the health benefits.)