Unhappy Highlights - salon ettiquette

Options
Jeneba
Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
:sad: OMG! I look like a really creative child put fingerpaints all over my head when I wasn't paying attention!!! I have no problem going back to my colorist and asking her to do this over - but do I have to TIP her and her assistant? I don't even want to TELL you how much the prices are in NYC, in Soho.... I don't feel like I should have to pay any additional amount. Your thoughts?

Replies

• Lipstickandlashes
    Options
    As a hairstylist myself, no you shouldn't have to pay more you are not happy with it.. It's not your fault it didn't come out how you like. Unless of course you didn't explain yourself well.. It is her mistake she will handle it. Most people tip if they have to go back.. Even if it isn't their fault just because the stylist still have to do work.. Personally I wouldn't but you need to be sure you explained to her exactly what you wanted..
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Also a stylist here! No you don't have to pay more if it needs fixing! If you feel she has done a bad job just call her or her manager or pop into the salon, explain the situation. They will/should fix it for you free of charge, if they do a good job you can tip them if you want but if it were me that messed up I wouldn't expect anything extra!
  • Jeneba
    Jeneba Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Waaaaaaaah! She didn't blend the highlights & lowlights correctly so they look really garish - if they had been PINK I could understand it Here in Soho, the TIP can be $80!!!! I deeply respect people's time they put into helping me, but I just cannot shell out that kind of cash for a mistake... Sob.