What do you do to avoid eating when you are bored?

Options
I've got several things to do to avoid eating when bored. Painting my nails (no quick drying stuff), brushing teeth and using listerine, cleaning the kitchen..dishes up. Play tetris or puzzles on the internet. Study, read, ect. What ways to you distract yourself from eating if you're just bored and not really hungry??

Replies

• ftellstrom
    ftellstrom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have to leave the house...but then i usually end up spending money. :grumble:
  • rjsimpson2002
    rjsimpson2002 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I tend to have a pint of squash instead or go on mfp :-)
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Browse the Internet
    Play games n the iPad
    Watch tv
    Go to bed lol
  • eatrainsmile
    eatrainsmile Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Chew a gum.
    Kill time on MFP.
    Go work out.
  • acrynne
    acrynne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I knit. It keeps my hands moving, it keeps me thinking about something other than food, and I wouldn't want to touch food and then get any of it on the yarn... plus, it means I have great winter gear (totally unnecessary where I live) and lots of gifts for other people!
  • DevonW32
    DevonW32 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    drink water and keep myself busy, I eat less when Im not in the house
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I found patchwork quilting keeps my mind busy, or read a book, or read this forum! I get bored at work when it's quiet and I start obsessing about lunch from 11 onwards!
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have to leave the house...but then i usually end up spending money. :grumble:

OMG that's so me as well!!!
  • Garys46
    Options
    I don't avoid eating when I'm bored. I found that, if I do avoid eating, I end up overeating later. When eating while bored, I confine my eating to very healthy and low calorie foods. Lettuce with tomatoes diced over it, celery and peanut butter, berries or raw veggies, watermelon, etc. I have lost over 50 lbs. so far doing this. When hungry, even because of boredom, eat very low calorie foods and satisfy that need to eat. Sometimes, I even make a drink from berries & veggies to fill the void.
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I slam water